This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, 22 flopped trips

• purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      tbh, it f*&king amazes me how veriz manages to get thru all these hands. (like after i post a hand, few minutes later, its on the 2nd page) seriously, the volume is pretty sick. respect sir.

well to the hand... villain is 43/14/7hands, so unknown (but deffo not taggish)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($12.32)
      BB ($5.95)
      UTG ($20.38)
      UTG+1 ($4.90)
      CO ($9.70)
      Hero ($12.25)

Dealt to Hero 2:spade: 2:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) 9:club: 2:club: 4:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BB calls $0.65

TURN ($1.95) 9:club: 2:club: 4:spade: 8:diamond:

BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $2.70, BB calls $2.30

RIVER ($7.35) 9:club: 2:club: 4:spade: 8:diamond: 7:club:

BB bets $2.30 (AI), Hero calls $2.30

BB shows K:club: 3:club:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 26.5%, Turn 15.9%)

Hero shows 2:spade: 2:heart:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 73.5%, Turn 84.1%)

BB wins $11.16

the river card is just the most unfortunate card out there for me. but can i ever find a fold here? bet is 1/3 of pot which means i have to be ahead 20% or more of the time for this call to be profitable. villain seems pretty fishy (given limited data and stack size) so i guess he could still have the random A9, Q9, or 9T. right?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello purplefizz,

Thanks for the feedback! :) I feel happy to read so motivating words from you and yes, that's my job and good that I am a fast writer and as well know a lot of the situations. :D And of course I am trying to give my best still by that I mean give you the best evaluations what I can possible write.

You may easily just ship it right on turn since our normal raise is more than 1/2 stack. As played it's kinda close but I guess I am doing the crying Call but just so many hands beat us there, any straight, flush and so on, I just don't expect to be ahead there very often, might even be possible to fold if the opponent is rather passive guy.

Best regards.