[NL2-NL10] Nl2Sh 99

• jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      Ok guys i'd really appreciate some thoughts on my play in this hand.

I called preflop because i already have position so no need to 3bet as i'd probably only get called/4bet by the top of villians range.

On the flop when it's checked to me i think its ok to bet considering the low flop. Although maybe i should bet a little bigger?

Now on the turn is where my problem start. I think i should have folded but with such a low card i called hoping to get a cheap/free showdown.

On the river i'm not that happy about folding considering the low cards but given the villians aggression i doubt i'm beating much with my 99's.

What do you guys think?

Full Tilt - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.63
      UTG: $2.32
      MP: $2.18
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.08
      SB: $2.14

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 9:heart: 9:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19, 3 players) 4:heart: 6:diamond: 7:spade:
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, fold

Turn: ($0.39, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($0.89, 2 players) 6:club:
      BB bets $0.89, fold

BB wins $0.84
  • 3 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I would bet on flop 0.15 to pot. T i think it will be better to raise for value and this way we can have free SD. And maybe even make thin valuebet on river.
      As player i think u should call his river bet. He don`t represent much.
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      Hi Kevvu,

Thanks for your thoughts. I feel considering the villian called pre and post flop, then led out on the turn and bet pot on the river, he could easily have a FH or 2 pair here. As i think 22,44,66,77,TT,JJ are definitely in his preflop calling range. He could ofc have 88 or some bluff hands but i feel if i call the river i'll be seeing a FH. Maybe i'm just being to tight.

Anyway interesting to see what the judge thinks.

Thanks

James
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jxb1977,

Our hand ain't that strong anyways against his line to raise it on turn, at the best I'd just Call it and reevaluate on river. Often times when they pick such a line and donk the turn big they are having a very strong hand. And as played I'd as well fold on river, we likely are beat there when he picks such a line. We can't make the Call there profitable unless we know the opponent.

Best regards.