This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, QQ overpair, 3 donk bets

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 25/20/1.3 during 21 hands, donkbet flop 100.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($3.90)
      CO ($1.17)
      Button ($7.60)
      SB ($10.31)
      BB ($10)
      Hero (UTG) ($30.62)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
      Hero bets $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 10, 9, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.70) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($3.60) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60

Was that play correct? Or should we show his some aggression on the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

I guess it's totally fine to play this way the hand for the reason that he has somewhat small AF and even if we raise there and face a 3bet we would be in ugly shape. Therefore I like your line, nice hand! Although I don't really get his line on river while betting kinda small on turn and then bigger on river, might sometimes even mean a very strong hand.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I've seen a lot of donkaments, but this betting pattern just makes me wonder everytime. He had :diamond: 9 :diamond: 8, as the river gave him da nutzzz. And I had more hands where I face a donkbet from kinda passive opponent, and call with overpair/top pair, just to see his rivered two pair/trips, that was second/bottom pair on the flop. That's why I asked about raising on the flop, they keep sucking out on the river when I give some respect for their donkbets :)