SnG advise needed

• Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Hey there. im curently playing the 2.25 FR sng's at FTP and playing only 4 tables at once. I feel like I cant play well enought to profit if i open 6 tables or so. my BRM is quite loose (only 25 BI) so my question is if it might be worth it in the long run to play 1.20 (ridiculous high rake) atm and force my self into playing more tables at once?

thanks in advance
      Damlqv
  • 5 replies
    • DONgreat
      DONgreat
      Bronze
      hey man im a sit and go gridner for my job
      my advice would be to stay on whatever stakes you have correct BR for and watch videos analyse your hands and concentrate on beating the game. Dont try to add to many tables at once. If 4 is fine for you open 5 and play 5 until this is comfortable. Then go to 6 etc. At these stakes its more important to progess as a player rather than playing lots of tables as at the point in your poker career you really need to make sure your game develops as much and as quick as you can so playing to many tables to early will in the long run not help you.
    • PokerPirate1
      PokerPirate1
      Bronze
      Hi, I am battling my way through these stakes at FTP too and I have had a similar problem in the beginning, I agree that the 1.20 are a bit too expensive, considering that the games are not so easy for a beginner as on the other sites at these limits (no 4 people going ai first hand with crap and so :) ). I ended up (after a few expensive experiments, see my scope graph :-D ) building my "bankroll" on the 1.10 fr super turbos, which are surprisingly soft, provided you spend some time with the PS ICM trainer and get HM or PT. I am beating them with 17% ROI and I still feel that there is MUCH to improve in my game. And because the push fold game is a bit of a routine, you quickly get to be able to play more tables at once, so you dont get bored (I play 6, but now at the 2.15 I usually play less tables to concentrate more on the game, the regs are a bit better there and so and so...)

25 bi bankroll is definitely not enough for any sngs, especially for the super turbos though ;) 30bi swings are definitely possible and you definitely dont wanna go busto :)

So that is my bit of advice, good luck (lots of long runs over EV) and see you at the tables buddy! (SteveNit)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for your answer. :)
    • Damlqv
      Damlqv
      Bronze
      Thanks for the aswers guys. I know my BR isnt enought, but I can replace it if needed so I think it's worth taking the risk at the 2.25 games.
      Another thing I've been thinking about is, how do you guys review your game? do you go through the hand history for each sng you play or how is that?
    • winzsavana
      winzsavana
      Bronze
      focus in ur game and play tight, i'm playing sng 10+1 usd at full tilt, cashing out 400 dollar/week.