[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AK vs very loose stealer

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: reg, 20/16/4.6 during 1,4k hands, steal 42.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($4.20)
      Button ($10)
      SB ($4.47)
      Hero (BB) ($10.97)
      UTG ($12.27)
      MP ($1.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      3 folds, Button bets $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.80, Button raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.65) 7, 2, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $2.40, Hero folds

I messed up here, we should definitely shove preflop, shouldn't we?
  • 4 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Hey Bliausmas,

I would 3-bet bigger from the BB ~$1 as you will be OOP position post flop.

I don't really like calling the 4-bet OOP. I think it would be better to shove or fold - it depends a bit on his stats which is the best option. In particular, how often he's folding to 3-bet and how often he's 4-betting and also what his image of you is in this spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: I'd 3bet like $1 and then act accordingly. How often does he like 4bet? How often does he fold to 3bets? Maybe even just Calling preflop would be better and playing against him in smaller pots. But as played I don't really like the Call, rather just get it in on rather fold. And getting it in depends on his playing back style, whats his 4bet and so on.
      Postflop: Not much you can do than just Check/Fold.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well I believe his range here should be very polarized. I mean he either have AA-KK or bluffing with air. His fold to 3bet is 75 what makes it unlikely for him to have air here. Unless... he exploits me like this but c'mon that would be ugly - to get exploited at NL10 :D

And you guys would raise it 4x here. I usually use "raise pot" button when 3betting, but would you suggest to make 4x raise a standard?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And you guys would raise it 4x here. I usually use "raise pot" button when 3betting, but would you suggest to make 4x raise a standard?

When he does such a small raise then often times yes, I'd likely raise 4x.