This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Ak

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I'm pretty shame for what I have done in this game ^^

I've realized that on NL10 the PF game is lighter (3bet esp.) ...
      I saw a lot of weaker hands in his range... and I just hate calling 3bet with AK even if I know I'm very often better because I call sometimes OOP, sometimes IP (ofc more often IP) ... but still it doesnt matter :)

I miss the flop in + 64% of all time so I have to fold ... I have kind of problem with this, can you help me to solve it somehow? I actually don't know what to do. Is it better to don't call 3bets then? I really doubt that it's +EV to call 3bet and fold 64% of flops + some of them loose even if we hit! ...

That's why I tried something different as I thought he will often bet here with TT,JJ,AK,AJ and it was surely in his 3bet range :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $7.75
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $9.25
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $16.00
      MP3:
      $15.71
      CO:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 raises to $0.90, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.95) 9, Q, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.50, MP2 calls $1.60.

Turn: ($6.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.20, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.95.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

Preflop: Depends a lot on the opponent, does he 3bet a lot? Does he CBet a lot? Is he capable of folding some strong hands to Check/Raise? And so on, although while he is near min-raising us then somehow it's doable.
      Postflop: I guess your line is reasonable, that's like the only way we could win the pot, although I am not really sure if we should raise it on flop for the reason that it hits a lot of broadway hands. And I guess I'd just skip this time, although if you see weakness in his betting size then somewhat should be doable.

Best regards.