[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Ak

• KillerFishes
      I'm pretty shame for what I have done in this game ^^

I've realized that on NL10 the PF game is lighter (3bet esp.) ...
      I saw a lot of weaker hands in his range... and I just hate calling 3bet with AK even if I know I'm very often better because I call sometimes OOP, sometimes IP (ofc more often IP) ... but still it doesnt matter :)

I miss the flop in + 64% of all time so I have to fold ... I have kind of problem with this, can you help me to solve it somehow? I actually don't know what to do. Is it better to don't call 3bets then? I really doubt that it's +EV to call 3bet and fold 64% of flops + some of them loose even if we hit! ...

That's why I tried something different as I thought he will often bet here with TT,JJ,AK,AJ and it was surely in his 3bet range :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 raises to $0.90, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.95) 9, Q, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.50, MP2 calls $1.60.

Turn: ($6.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.20, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.95.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello KillerFishes,

Preflop: Depends a lot on the opponent, does he 3bet a lot? Does he CBet a lot? Is he capable of folding some strong hands to Check/Raise? And so on, although while he is near min-raising us then somehow it's doable.
      Postflop: I guess your line is reasonable, that's like the only way we could win the pot, although I am not really sure if we should raise it on flop for the reason that it hits a lot of broadway hands. And I guess I'd just skip this time, although if you see weakness in his betting size then somewhat should be doable.

Best regards.