Iron Man

• 23 replies
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      People says that the best investment of medals are tournament tickets, and the worst are cash bonuses. It shouldn't affect your rakeback, but I'm not sure about that, it would be good if someone could confirm this.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      FTPs if you plan on getting max bonus with black card. If not, bonuses. If you spend them on FTPs it will not affect RB and if you buy bonus it's gonna be deducted from you rake afaik. So if you rake $1k and buy the $600 it will mean you'll get RB from $1k-$600=$400.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      People says that the best investment of medals are tournament tickets, and the worst are cash bonuses. It shouldn't affect your rakeback, but I'm not sure about that, it would be good if someone could confirm this.
      LOL?! Getting $600 is worst investment?
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Yes.
      600$ bonus - 3000 medals. Value: 438$ after rakeback deduction. 0,146$ per medal.
      640$ tourney ticket - 3200 medals. Value: 640$. 0,2$ per medal.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Yes.
      600$ bonus - 3000 medals. Value: 438$ after rakeback deduction. 0,146$ per medal.
      640$ tourney ticket - 3200 medals. Value: 640$. 0,2$ per medal = $0 if you can't play tournaments or understand that, at their core, they are rigged. :f_p: I'll slum it for $0.146 per medal any day.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Yes.
      640$ tourney ticket - 3200 medals. Value: 640$. 0,2$ per medal = $0 if you can't play tournaments or understand that, at their core, they are rigged. :f_p: I'll slum it for $0.146 per medal any day.
      100% agree with you Waiboy, but some people might misunderstand you when you said that they are rigged :P
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yes.
      Uhm, and just how much money do you get in your BR after playing those tourneys usually? ;)

LE: You need like 100% ROI on MTTs to make it profitable. Do you have that ROI over a solid sample, Sir? If so, I wish to stake you asap!
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      So now we're arguing over mathematical facts? OK, have a nice day, ladies :f_confused:
    • Ribic87
      Ribic87
      Bronze
      Hi.

Tnx for ur answers, i thnk ill decide to get 50$ bonus money, cos collecting 3200 medals will take me ages (more then a year). Maybe ill buy 5000 points for 125 medal and buy me some T-shirt and FT cards from then shop.

Ty R.
    • miakes
      miakes
      Bronze
      I think the worst thing is to buy from that FTP store. Take the money and buy yourself t-shirts or cards somewhere else.. it's cheaper
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      So now we're arguing over mathematical facts? OK, have a nice day, ladies :f_confused:
      The mathematical fact is that even if you buy a $1,000,000 tournament ticket but you have negative ROI, it's a waste! Ez game...
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      The mathematical fact is that even if you buy a $1,000,000 tournament ticket but you have negative ROI, it's a waste! Ez game...
      Nope, the mathematical fact is that if you have a thing worth 0,2$ per medal and a thing worth 0,146$ per medal - the first thing has more value, no matter if it's tourney ticket or cash.
      I would definitely take cash bonus instead of tourney ticket, but the fact is that the ticket has more value. If you have a "Ferrari", but don't know how to drive - would you say that your "Ferrari" has no value?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Nope, the mathematical fact is that if you have a thing worth 0,2$ per medal and a thing worth 0,146$ per medal - the first thing has more value, no matter if it's tourney ticket or cash.
      I would definitely take cash bonus instead of tourney ticket, but the fact is that the ticket has more value. If you have a "Ferrari", but don't know how to drive - would you say that your "Ferrari" has no value?
      I can sell the Ferrari, I can't sell the ticket. It's like having a Ferrari that you can't sell, can't drive, don't have money to insure and don't have money to put fuel in it. It's a worthless heap of metal, plastic and carbon fiber mixture. I'd take a driveable Fiat over this kind of Ferrari anytime.

For example if FTP sold poo at a rate of 1kg/medal and I would sell it with $100//kg you are saying buying the poo is the best investment, right? Because it would give 1 medal = $100 of poo value. It gives you a good price for something you don't want. Same with the ticket. Ofc FTP would rather give you a better price for a chance thiner than winning the lottery for a huge prize that they are going to pay anyway than a sure $x in your account. This means they're gonna pay the prize + your extra money.

And you said tickets are the best investment. Now you come saying you would choose the worse investment? Why would you do that?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Bicker, bicker, bicker, bicker....

Come on chaps! Tourneys are more fun than bonuses. I fritter away all my FTPs and medals on step 1 tickets, run like shit, and do it with a smile on my face. You young people are so money oriented.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      EmanuelC16:
      I choose the prize that is most suitable for me, that's why I prefer cash bonus. At the same moment it's not the best investment, because tourney ticket has higher value. You're correct, it's the thing that has better price but I just don't want it. But you're incorrect with your previous statements, because different people finds different things more useful. How can you tell unknown person that cash bonus is better for him than tourney ticket? It's like if someone asked you "I wanna buy a chipset, which one would you recommend?", and you would respond "buy a jumper instead, it's more useful".
      I don't know how do you call that, but in Lithuania we cal it "looking for brain in the ass" - when you're arguing that your OPINION is worth more than other persons' stated FACT :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Bicker, bicker, bicker, bicker....

Come on chaps! Tourneys are more fun than bonuses. I fritter away all my FTPs and medals on step 1 tickets, run like shit, and do it with a smile on my face. You young people are so money oriented.
      Indeed I am. I can have cheaper fun or better fun for $438 than standing in front of my PC. Haven't you heard the song with 'money makes the world go round'? There's some truth in that verse. :P

LE: The ticket only has better value if you have a pozitive ROI in the respective field. Not to mention how it would affect the winrate that really counts which is the hourly. If you make $4/h clearing the bonus with your normal games and get $1/h playing the MTT again it is a waste of your time. It's just a marketing thing to get them to pay as little as they can. I don't think FTP didn't do the maths behind this and that you are the genius that noticed they 'sell' tickets a bit cheaper without a reason. You're trying to discover America when it's already been discovered for a few centuries. If you come with some huge equations that prove that with 0% ROI I get a better hourly than being a BE player clearing the cash bonus in the high stakes ('cause $640 is high stake MTT) I will have to bow to you until then... well... bonus gives you extra $438 and ticket doesn't give you anything.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Lets say I'm a huge fish, but I want to play a tourney for 640$. I'm gonna do that with my bonus money. I have 3200 medals. I can buy a tourney ticket with these medals, or I can take cash bonus and add aditional 202$ from my wallet. What is the best investment for me now?
      You don't need to be a genius to understand why tourney tickets are cheaper than cash. If you prefer smaller, but sure cash in your pocket rather than tourney ticket for higher value - fine, I don't blame you for that as I prefer that also. But there is no need to try to convince me that this is unquestionable truth for everyone. People needs are different.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Ofc if we talk about needs it's something else. Like jb said, he just has fun with tickets. But what I think you know but maybe didn't get after all my ranting is that your transformation of medals into $ is just FTPs transformation and not YOURS as a poker player. You would know that the chances of scoring in your MTT are really low, comparable to lottery, so you aren't really expecting any value from this purchase, are you?
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      You see, the problem is that I look at this business from strict mathematical point of view. You look more like taking into account all these "human factors".
      If I enter that tournament I take full responsibility of my winnings after all. And if I honestly say that the experience, the fun, the adrenaline and the knowing that I could win incredible amount of money (although I didn't win at all) was worth buying that ticket - you cannot call me stupid because I chose moose in the forest rather than the bird in the hand. So your "expected value" argument is invalid, sir. You cannot tell someone how he should spend his money, medals or whatever. You can only tell his which thing has the highest value.