Me, My poker history and how to improve

• Bunn3yB0y
      Bunn3yB0y
      Bronze
      Hi, My name is Ali here's a short profile about me.

I have just turned 18 and have clearly just signed up to pokerstrategy.com. I am a smart kid, often been called a wonderkid and a bit of a maths whizz and predicted A's for my AS subjects. I am currently studying Chemistry, Physics, Maths (Pure and Statistics) and Business and Economics. I am a very quick learner and often learn things the first time round with very little effort required in revising material for it to stick in my mind and be easily recalled. I have been playing Poker progressively more and more on and off since the age of 14. I have always had a keen interest in poker as it has been something that has always intrigued me and been willing to learn more about.

So much so that I ventured into playing poker underage. I feel I was playing a slight +EV poker in streaks but then would lose a large majority of my bankroll due to moving up limits to quickly or not willing to lay down ambitious bluffs that go wrong or picking the wrong moments/players to bluff against. I know that yes its not good neccesarily to play poker underage and do not condone it for anyone who may be underage here but I feel the experience has given me something I can learn from and hope to avoid the same mistakes in the future.

However I feel I wasn't too bad and would often win most SNG's on the low stakes on Full Tilt so I believe I certainly have the potential but just need more discipline and to constantly and step up my improvement in my poker knowledge. But this is where I feel I need more direction.

I also won a tournament on a smaller free poker network called NLOP. They offer prizes for free tournaments so I thought I may aswell try them and won a package to see the UFC including VIP tickets and 2 nights at a 5 star hotel worth $2500 dollars in a tournament with over 2000+ players. Obviously with such a little known network the tournament was quite fishy but did require skill in order to win as well as some luck as is neccesary to win most MTT.

I need some kind of idea what to do or a plan of what to do in order to improve further. Of course the initial starting point would be to constantly read poker material and watch videos but I would really like to know how to get involved in sweat sessions or coaching sessions or anything people have done which feel have improved their game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and would love to become a part of the forum and establish myself as part of the community :)

Hopefully see you guys around :D
  • 8 replies