$1.09
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.97
      SB:
      $4.04

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      MP2 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.60, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.21.

Hi just wondering if you think i was right to fold then.
      I know the chart says to fold to any raise after you even with AK, which is fair enough i understand that.
      But should i have called because it was an all in and potentially a protection shove on their part?
  • 5 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I dont like to fold so strong hands pre-flop without special reads. He is a bit short with his 80bb`s. Against that opponent and his position i would just ship it in, but u can call also, but i won´t suggest it, when u are not so sure about your post-flop game.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello scrads,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for next hands and till that good luck on tables!

As you decided to 3bet against him then as well I'd advice you to go broke against his stack. And if you don't want to play for stacks then rather just Call it and play postflop against him.

Best regards.
    • scrads
      scrads
      Bronze
      Hi I maybe would have called a raise but it was an all in push so there would be no play after the flop just a straight race, would you advise a race in that position?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by scrads
      Hi I maybe would have called a raise but it was an all in push so there would be no play after the flop just a straight race, would you advise a race in that position?
      Didn't really understand your question. But what I wanted to say is that just call his 1st raise, don't 3bet at all. Although 3betting is totally fine.
    • scrads
      scrads
      Bronze
      Ah right i see thanks for the input :)