Warning! Titan = NOT for beginners

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I am writing this to inform micro stakes players about one feature, which I found very, very annoying and which contributed to my decision to leave Titan.

This goes for FR cash games up until and including NL10

You have regular tables and beginners tables. At first, I did not see the difference (because there was none). Then, to my surprise, after like 2 months of playing there, I was dienied an access to beginners tables! :f_eek:

Titan has decided that 2 months is enough :f_biggrin:

You might think "whats the big deal?"

In reality when you enter lobby situation is something like this (percentage is "seen the flop" value):

table A (beginners) 55%
      table B (beginners) 47%
      table C 15%
      table D 9%

Since I am not beginner anymore, I can only play at tight C and D tables, while most of the fish are playing at loose A and B tables.

So, if you play NL10 and lower, you can realistically play there for 2 months only. After that you either move to NL20 or be forced to play on tight tables only.

p.s. this thread is not meant to criticise, because I do see the reason why it has been done and I do understand it, but I think that people should know this beforehand as well.
  • 5 replies
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Yeah, one more thing since I am at it:

Titan claims to have "Worlds most rewarding online poker VIP club".

That is a blatant lie. I have only played on two poker rooms so far (Everest and Titan) and Everest has higher rewards (at least for a micro stakes player). And I don't think that I was so incredibly lucky to pick out of 300-something poker rooms the only one that is better than Titan :f_biggrin:
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      At .01/.02 and .02/.04 if you choose timeline right there's decent traffic in the non-beginner tables.
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L3ST
      At .01/.02 and .02/.04 if you choose timeline right there's decent traffic in the non-beginner tables.
      It is true also for Nl10, but it changes nothing - you have maybe 15 or more non-beginner tables, yes, BUT you also have 4-5 beginner tables and all of them would be on the top of "seen the flop" percentage list.

So, you still miss out the loosest tables whichever way you look at it.
    • thejugador
      thejugador
      Bronze
      I also stopped playing there because of this.these are the players I have the best chance of beating and its just access denied!!
    • Meerkat5
      Meerkat5
      Bronze
      But then surely there is a time when everyones period on those tables is up and they too have to move out of those tables.?