This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 AJo fold

• M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Hello, I am posting again here, as requested :)

I am curious about some views on how I played this hand, cause I thought I played it correctly.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $7.01
      MP1:
      $5.88
      MP2:
      $3.75
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.19
      CO:
      $9.81
      BU:
      $3.86
      SB:
      $2.07
      BB:
      $5.43
      UTG1:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.27) 4, 7, 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.47) 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.47) 9 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.41, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.47.

Did i Play it correctly? I tried to scare him off postflop. He called rather quickly. Turn he checked, me too. He bet big on the river so I supposed he had overpair. I folded.

Do u think that if I would have made a big bet after the 7 on the turn he would have folded? Was it worth a risk?

Your opinion?

Peace out
      Mircea
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello M1rCea,

Preflop: What's the reason behind the 3bet? If he is rather tighter opponent I don't like the 3bet at all. Without knowing the opponent I am not sure either if I like the 3bet either then. I guess one option would be just to fold it directly and not fight at all such hands while we are on MP.

As played
      Postflop: If you want to Bet then I'd bet a bit bigger on flop ~$0,80 and likely give it up on further streets if he Calls the flop.

Best regards.
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply veriz,

so i shouldn't have 3 betted him and bigger bet on the flop, like 3/4. I bet half of the pot because I wasn't sure on myself. And yeah, when i'm not sure on my hand I realised i play hesitantly and that is costly.

cheers