This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 mss weird

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $4.55
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $22.24
      UTG2:
      $7.70
      MP1:
      $14.32
      MP2:
      $3.62
      MP3:
      $14.26

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 9.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 6, A, 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.6) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to $9.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.6

Opponent is a standard tag abc player pretty much, and I dont know what to do here, he donks nearly potsize on flop which makes me belive he doesnt have flush or at top 1 card with club so i peel... and he insta check raise turn wtf??
  • 4 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

I wouldnt bet turn. From what hands do you expect to get value? If he bets FD I expect him to continue on the turn.
      Try to get cheap to SD imo since you have SD value.

T.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Hi,

I wouldnt bet turn. From what hands do you expect to get value? If he bets FD I expect him to continue on the turn.
      Try to get cheap to SD imo since you have SD value.

T.
      Well first, i dont expect a tag player to donk potsize with a strong hand or atleast not when this hand occured and when he check turn they usually give up so I thought i turn my hand into a bluff to pick up the pot.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Heffron89,

I would say nice hand. I think you have to bet turn for free showdown and with a bet I still think you can get value from worse Ax and JxJ:club: + and you can just win the pot right there in case he was bluff donking flop. And once he c/r all-in I think you're barely ever good or have enough equity with your OESD.

I'll leave this unjudged for Gerv to have a look, he's got more MSS/BSS experience.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think I will check back Turn. The only reason you bet the Turn here is for 3 streets of value as he will continue leading the Turn with some kind of hand

Best regards,
      Gerv