[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AA on paired board

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: reg, 18/14/2.1 during 479 hands. Check/raise flop 50.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10.02)
      UTG ($11.10)
      MP ($12.97)
      CO ($17.17)
      Hero (Button) ($13.42)
      SB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) Q, Q, 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB raises to $2.80, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($7.55) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.55) Q (2 players)
      BB bets $6.27 (All-In), Hero calls $6.27

When he 3bets me preflop I honestly think it's a simple resteal so I smooth call. Flop comes ugly and he check/raises - well ok, he's doing that either with air, or with QX. I try to find it out by calling and seeing what happens next, but now I'm pretty much ready to fold on the turn. Surprisingly he checks on a drawy board. And when that river comes there are of course no other options... But anyway, could we say that I got into this nasty spot due to my slowplay preflop?
  • 9 replies
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      hi,
      I would never slowplay pre( even blind on blind situations) on these limits. I just think-if he has like AK he might shove to a 4bet, if you call and he misses he might cbet but apart from that you wont get any more money out of him. He might have QQ and if an A or K comes you wont get money from him either.
      just my 2c.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, it certainly makes sense. I might even 4bet shove here and he might be tempted to call with a weaker hand than AK or QQ. But basically I smooth called because I got 3betted, floated and bluffed goddamn often this session...
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      could we say that I got into this nasty spot due to my slowplay preflop?

I would never slowplay pre( even blind on blind situations) on these limits.

I do not agree.According to WiltOnTilt tis is hasty generalization fallacy :D .Personally for me it's quite opposite against reggs,vs agro fish and passive it would be 4bet.
      Preflop is ok imho.
      On flop you see only Qx( only 12 combos of them is viable for me),but can be a lot of other combos like KK, few fd,sometimes set 66,bluff on scary board.Opp is quite passive but on other hand he likes c/r flops a lot,so possibility of bluff and semibluff raises.I also don't think competent opp will check trips here,he would check fh,fd and bluff here.So you can consider to get value ?.On the river nice call considering those few Qx combo left,so you beat all fh.Against loose passive I would be more inclined to fold on flop cos he has more Qx combos and they raise nuts.For me interesting what to do on turn if u consider all his range he raised on flop.
      Nice hand.
      :f_confused:
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I think it is ok to slowplay it pre-flop cause he won´t have usually hand, with what he will stack off. Unless his 3b is small from BB, then i like ship more in same reasons, what matusko said.
      NH
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hmm, some interesting opinions definitely :) It's like unwritten rule that you don't slowplay in microstakes, but I don't know, I actually meet some players who like to bluff and slowplay against them is definitely profitable.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Depends a lot on his 3bet from there. Often times on those limits you can even consider 4betting and getting it in. But if you had a reason to slowplay there then it's doable.
      Postflop: Since we can expect anyways from him the Check/Raise then I'd as well do the CBet a bit bigger like $1,40. Otherwise I like the Check behind on turn to induce a shove with a lot worse.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And the villain had AQs here. That's why I regret not shoving preflop, as I'm not sure if he would folded this hand or not. But anyways, it's more a cooler or bad play?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      And the villain had AQs here. That's why I regret not shoving preflop, as I'm not sure if he would folded this hand or not. But anyways, it's more a cooler or bad play?
      You can't fold it anyways on river. Nice hand and likely a cooler.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      And the villain had AQs here. That's why I regret not shoving preflop

lol he regrets,should be happy.Most of the time he will flop tpQtk and stack off to you,cos we can't fold tp in 3 bet pot.
      :f_confused: