[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Top pair vs some donkbets

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 20/15/1.5 during 119 hands, donkbet flop 100.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($7.65)
      BB ($15.35)
      Hero (UTG) ($17.48)
      MP ($15.10)
      CO ($8.05)
      Button ($11.16)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
      Hero bets $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 7, 7, J (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, 1 fold

Turn: ($2.10) 10 (2 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.10) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Was that played good? Or should I raise him on the flop because of his donkbet flop stats?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Actually it's too loose raise with KJo, I don't really like it that much.

As played
      Postflop: Not much you can do there, I don't think that I am folding either for the given odds.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Wow, some news for me :) Would you recommend to open raise KJ from CO-BU then, or rather play it as trash at all times?
      And about postflop - if not folding, would you call here or raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Wow, some news for me :) Would you recommend to open raise KJ from CO-BU then, or rather play it as trash at all times?
      And about postflop - if not folding, would you call here or raise?
      KJs might be considerable, it's just too loose tables anyways and it will be hard to play profitable such hands postflop when you don't have an edge on them an as well good reads. And from CO-BU it's better.

And postflop, rather Call since we don't really plan to go broke with the hand and rather just let him continue his bluffs if he is doing that.
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I like your play. Cause when villain donkbets so often, then his range is mostly really wide and contains a lot of bluffs, so just bluffinduce. There was answer :D .
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      OK, so that will probably the last correction to my preflop range :) I usually open with a really tight range from UTG-MP, steal from CO-BU with a wide range (basically any playable hand, all suited aces and majority suited connectors as well), and I try to call with very very tight range, I don't like calling with hands like AJ-AQ, KQ at all, but there's not much I can do about it, 3betting would be a bluff in most occasions. I already stopped calling raises with KJ, but yeah, it's probably correct to open fold it in early positions, gonna do that from now on. I'm also considering calling raises with KQ only in position, folding from blinds.

And about the hand - villain had AQ here, probably wanted to kick me out of the pot, but checked down as soon as he got showdown value. I had SO much hands like this today I felt hopeless and even started considering that they are exploiting me.. Anyways, that can't be true :f_biggrin: