Commitment to succeed

• jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I already had a blog here long time ago. Im from Latvia and I've been living of poker for at least 2 years. Ive played up to Nl200, but because off a not too conservative BRM I'm changing limits all the time.

At the moment Im playing NL30-NL50. It can easily earn me decent money to live off. The average sallary here is maybe around 800$, and because of the ecomomical crysis It might be even less.

Ive always been on the passive side on forums, posted some hands in the begining, which was long time ago, and didnt discuss much. I believe its an important part to improve my game. I'll try to change that. Maybe this blog will keep me more motivated.

Because we all love graphs, heres my last years graph until today :)

Stakes:

Dont have a huge sample on Mtt's, but I am a luckbox :D
  • 34 replies
    • woodboy
      woodboy
      Bronze
      On what platform are you playing?

Nice winrates BB/100

And good luck, will follow. :)

Jeb vnk veiksmi! No kuras pilsetas esi? :)
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Playing on ongame network 5max tables. Good luck to you too.

Pierīgā dzīvoju :)
    • johnylee
      johnylee
      Bronze
      nice blog m8..
      it would be great and interesting if you continue your blog!

gl grainder :s_evil:
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Hi guys, after watching gordons videos, got my motivation up, and decided to start a blog again, this time with frequent updates how am I doing.

I still play on Bwin which now is on Party network and I'm finaly getting used to the software, which I find worse than it was on ongame. Im playing NL50 and it will take a while to shoot next limit but Im fine with that.

Today I analysed 5 people and it took much longer than expected, like 3 hours. I hope that as I do it regulary it will consume less time. Afterwards at the table I felt like everything made more sense and good descisions came more easily. I'm also influenced by the good run today.
      Did my 10 equity analysis and now I'll make up 10 scenarions for different situations and think about how the ranges change after different actions.

Im also interesed in sweat sessions, I've never done one before, but I think there only good thing that can come from that.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hi, will be following :)
      Has much changed since you originally started the blog? Still crushing nl50 at that huge winrate?
    • johnylee
      johnylee
      Bronze
      sick graph mate!!!keep up the good work and soon you will be high stakes grinder.

mtts nice, need bingo :s_confused: :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      dannywratten:
      Has much changed since you originally started the blog? Still crushing nl50 at that huge winrate?

No not any more, actually since Bwin joined party network, I can count on one hand how much winning days I've had, but since I dont have a decent sample and I feel like running quite bad so Im not worried at all. Need a decent sample to judge how its going.

I did table select on ongame network a lot more than Im able now cause the lobby is just so laggy and tables have waiting lists. Now I just open a bunch and close the bad ones. And I also start tables. Offcourse there are more regs now, but there are also plenty of fishes and most of the regs have some noticable leaks.

Today I actually woke up early to do the opponent analysis. 5 opponents in 2,5hours so already faster then yesterday.
      It would be interesting to see how someone else does this analysis. This is how I do it
      1) I choose a villain
      2) I open up his stats and write down everything that I think is exploitable and not normal
      3) Then I select a bunch of hands where villaing got to showdown, and then I go throu them, try to guess what range he can have in each spot and write down notes about lines, betsizes and frequencies
      4)I put all in a note and write a short summarie what will my adjustments be against this villain

It looks like this
      Villain:

Adaptions:
      Stack of lighter on drawy boards as villain is less likley to have a set;
      Valuetown villain with value hands;
      Play more passive with mid'stregth hands as villain does check down;
      Raise some dry boards and see does villain induce easily;
      Put pressure when looks like villain is giving up;
      4bet bluff more BTNvsBB;

Observations:
      Can slowplay set on somewhat drawy board
      Likes to bluffcatch more then valubet himself
      Lines where villain represents little might induce him
      Calls fairly wide vs any position
      Likes to get to showdown

Tell me what would you diferently.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      Hi I am olso thinking about vilains analysis, but do not have sample yet. I like your way, but you could add such lines like: very strong or bluff heavy turn cbeting range in 3bet pot, I see a lot of people second barelling on K, but ch/c if they have them themselfs OOP. Same for busted draws, some vilians almost always bluff then their draw miss, some pick only better boards, some do not bluff at all. About their value betting tendancys. About floating tendancys IP and OOP. Also good thing to note what vilian saw you doing, if they saw you 3barelling bluff in 3bet pot, or value beting thinly, good regs will use this info. And most important thing to organize all that info, becouse during a hand you need to use all info you have in short period of time. I did not think about orgonizing it yet, so if you find out good way to do it, do not keep it only for yourself :)
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Hey jachis!

Very impressive results you have there! I have few question, since I just took few shots on NL50 on party and got quickly bumped back hard to the NL25. And now I'm struggling again about breakeven on this limit. Mostly playing fast-forward.

How do you compare Party network to the Ongame? Do you also play fast-forward?

Based on what factors do you select villain for analysis (number of hands, type of the player, most money lost, most troublesome hands, etc.)?

Br
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      Hi I am olso thinking about vilains analysis, but do not have sample yet. I like your way, but you could add such lines like: very strong or bluff heavy turn cbeting range in 3bet pot, I see a lot of people second barelling on K, but ch/c if they have them themselfs OOP. Same for busted draws, some vilians almost always bluff then their draw miss, some pick only better boards, some do not bluff at all. About their value betting tendancys. About floating tendancys IP and OOP. Also good thing to note what vilian saw you doing, if they saw you 3barelling bluff in 3bet pot, or value beting thinly, good regs will use this info. And most important thing to organize all that info, becouse during a hand you need to use all info you have in short period of time. I did not think about orgonizing it yet, so if you find out good way to do it, do not keep it only for yourself :)
      Since all my database is new, I used to use HM1, now Im using trial PT4, which I'll probably end up buying I also have small sample, so I choose simply by picking the people on which I have the most hands of.
      Also thats just an example of one person. I do search for most of the things you mentioned. Do they valuebet thinly or not, do they bluff scare cards or check when they hit.
      I didnt actualy think about writing notes what villain has seen me doing, which is a good Idea. This I could Implement in my session review. Just mark the hands where you go to showdown and villain can draw conclusions from and after session in PT4 write it down.

Originally posted by ferdy81
      Hey jachis! Very impressive results you have there! I have few question, since I just took few shots on NL50 on party and got quickly bumped back hard to the NL25. And now I'm struggling again about breakeven on this limit. Mostly playing fast-forward. How do you compare Party network to the Ongame? Do you also play fast-forward? Based on what factors do you select villain for analysis (number of hands, type of the player, most money lost, most troublesome hands, etc.)? Br
      Those results are quite old :) I just restarted my blog.
      Comparing these networks I think that the regular tables were quite the same in softnes. Bwin tables were softer.
      I would like to try out fast forward, and I probably will when PT4 will get an update and I can have a HUD there, cause its a big guessing game without it.

BR ~2k so if I catch a decent DS we even can meet at NL25 (hopefully not) :)
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      I was wondering if anyone of you does the equitu drill in equilab, how do you do it? I just open equilab and do random simulations, hand against hands, hand against range, see how different ranges distribute on the flop, but its very random.

I would like to do a more systematic approach, any ideas?
      Like choosing some spot, for example, when your cbet gets raised, and then just see how different hands do against wider or tighter ranges and so on.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      I only do it with hands i played vs opp i know to see how diffetent t or r cards could have influenced my play and to check if i played hand optimally vs his range. I do not see point in doing random drills becouse its very opponent dipendant. IMO
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Today only analysed only 4villains, cause in my small DB couldnt find any more regs with decent sample. Need to grind more to get more hands to analyse.

Its a lot easier to play when theres a gamplan against the regs I play most with and by doing this it gets easier to notice patterns and automaticly know how I need to adjust. Reccomend this to everyone.

Also got a winning day at the tables, even thou did lose some stacks by doing ridicoulous plays, mostly by beiing a station where its actually very obvious that there are very few if any bluffs in villains range.

Heres one hand:
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem 4 Players Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com Stacks: CO ($52.87) 106bb hero (BTN) ($60.27) 121bb SB ($116.73) 233bb BB ($70.92) 142bb Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) hero is BTN 4:club: 6:spade: 1 fold, hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50 Flop: 4:heart: 6:diamond: A:heart: ($3, 3 players) SB checks, BB checks, hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $6.50, BB folds, hero calls $4 Turn: Q:club: ($16, 2 players) SB bets $10, hero calls $10 River: 2:spade: ($36, 2 players) SB bets $17.10, hero calls $17.10 Final Pot: $70.20 SB shows 6:club: 6:heart: hero shows 4:club: 6:spade: SB wins $68.20 (net +$33.60) BB lost $1 hero lost $34.60

Villain is a nit with 1% 3bet, my reasoning at the time was that he cannot have A4 or A6 as he is to nitty and that he probably has AK, since I block sets so well, he's less likley having them either.
      In reality I think if it is not a flop fold then turn fold definitely
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Been super busy last few days, couldnt find time for update. Low on poker volume, and only reviewed 1-2 villains on each day. My motivation still very high so now ready to use more time on studying.

I've already tweaked a bit the way I study villains so its less time consuming and feels like its going faster each day.
      Also now I do equity drills while doing session reviews and while studying villains
      and I already see some benefits from it. It gets me realise opponent ranges clearer when I need to put it in equilab rather than just thinking about it.

Pokerwise after 20k hands at NL50 im breakeven 2BI bellow EV, but I feel like I ran quite poorly and its still quite small sample and I've had longer BE stretches before. I'll do a deeper review of my game when I'll have 50k hands played. At the momemt I feel like when I get stacks in pre with QQ, ive super rarely get called by worse, but it might as well be sample issue.

Also Im seriously considering moving to another room after finishing my bonus soon. The bonuses have gotten more expensive here, no improvements software wise either, and I havent recieved any strategy points this month even thou I thought they will keep coming. To bad my stars account is not tracked, cause thats definitely and option where to move. Any suggestions where to go?
    • figeljfigelj
      figeljfigelj
      Bronze
      Nice graph dude :)

Ja Tev nav nekas pretī pret 6 galdu limitu, tad vari iet uz astotniekiem, tur ir tīri ok spēles.
      Vai arī, ja Tev 6 galdi neliekas pārāk vilinoši, tad imo zoom vai kaut kāds no tiem fast pokeriem ir nuts
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Yesterday didnt play much. Finally after using trial, I bought PT4 and spent a lot of time doing random stuff there, tweaked my HUD, made some popups... Also found out that the stat Fold to 3bet in my hud is not calculated the same as in HEM and the correct stat is Fold to 3bet after raise, so it was a lot higher. I guess I was 3bet bluffing way to much before as I based my judgment how much people fold on the stat.
      If anyone knows other stats which differ in HEMvsPT4 please share!

Also watched sietes777 new video, which I guess was ok, but nothing new there, looking forward to the next one.
      In the evening attended Plenos coaching which I liked a lot, he talks quite fast so can quickly explain his thought process in differen unusual lines he takes. Will definitely try to attend these.

[quote]Originally posted by figeljfigelj
      Nice graph dude :) Ja Tev nav nekas pretī pret 6 galdu limitu, tad vari iet uz astotniekiem, tur ir tīri ok spēles.Vai arī, ja Tev 6 galdi neliekas pārāk vilinoši, tad imo zoom vai kaut kāds no tiem fast pokeriem ir nuts[/quote]
      Im not sure 888 is an option as I would like to be tracked by PS.
      Zoom thou is an option as I could get a lot more volume in and I find it very comfortable that you can jump in the action or sit out at any moment.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Hi man,

I play at Bwin too so also made the move to partynetwork. I mostly feel that there are more good regs (at nl100). But still good amount of fish too. :)

Anyway GL and hope to see you at NL100 one day. Or maybe not? :D
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Yeah, more regs for sure, but with a decent table selection a lot of fishes to.

Also I will definitely be at nl100 some day :) Maybe if your interested of doing sweats or just talking strategy you can add me on skype. Gl at the tables.
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jachis
      Yeah, more regs for sure, but with a decent table selection a lot of fishes to.

Also I will definitely be at nl100 some day :) Maybe if your interested of doing sweats or just talking strategy you can add me on skype. Gl at the tables.
      I added you on skype a while ago actually :-) But I just don't use skype much at all. Anyway, feel free to share a HH or strategy talk/question when I'm offline.