This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH 99 in BB vs SB LAG

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Hello,
      stats of villain: 31/28, fold to 3b 14% (7), 4bet 0% , check-raise flop 29% (7), steal from SB 67%, WTSD 36% (28), but only 129 hands of data...
      Didn't have any reads except he took bet/3bet line (not shove) OOP with top 2 pair on very drawy board.
      I called because I wasn't sure what he was representing: QQ-AA he probably would 4bet and I don't think he would play JJ 88 55 like this I think this player would try to commit me more of course not really sure how these type of players play set's so I decided to check it out.
      Pre flop 3bet I think is the only way to play. But not sure if I had a good reason to call here.
      What do you think?
      Thank you for helping me.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed)

SB ($23.06)
      Hero (BB) ($20.50)
      UTG ($20.42)
      Button ($24.19)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9
      2 folds, SB bets $0.60, Hero raises $2, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.40) 5, J, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises $20.76, Hero calls $15.10

Turn: ($40.60) J (2 players)

River: ($40.60) K (2 players)

Total pot: $40.60

Results below: SB had A, 4 (one pair, Jacks). Hero had 9, 9 (two pair, Jacks and nines).
  • 1 reply
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hello!
      Preflop:
      What was your plan if he 4bet?
      If your plan was shove, then 3bet is correct, if you fold then call is correct.

Flop:
      I bet-fold, because his range have crush you, price isnt so good.
      Yes you can think, he can have draw and you are ahead then, but times if he have 2pair/set, you are so behind, that against range, its not good idea to call here.
      Your sample is to small for flop check-raise stat, 4bet stats and so on.

Your hand vs:
      55/88/JJ Ac4c-AcTc, 8c9c, KcQc, 9Ts, AJs/AJo, KJs and some random bluff for balancing bit: K9s, your equity is 28.8%
      Its pretty weak range, there is def some QJ, J8 and so on, so your equity is worst even.

Price isnt good: fold
      Just because, people dont pure bluffing this way, they have something allways, if he wants pure bluff, he dont shove ALL IN, there is just no point.