Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.45) A:spade: T:club: 6:heart:

Hero bets $0.32, UTG calls $0.32

TURN ($1.09) A:spade: T:club: 6:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $0.65, UTG calls $0.65

RIVER ($2.39) A:spade: T:club: 6:heart: 2:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1.10, Hero ???

Villain unknown, don't have much history in NL5 :) 18/13 over small sample of hands.
  • 5 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I would cb flop and hope he folds but, when he call i would just ch/fold turn without special reads.
      As played, easy fold on river.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Hello!

If villain is unknown, then my standard is:
      Bet flop, check-fold turn.
      Because:
      1)They play in this limit way to much Aces (any ace rag, so they range is full of Ace) and if they hit ace on flop, they dont fold
      2)They are overall passive loose in this limit, so i think, they dont bluff you out to much later, without ace, they check back often.
      3)You are OOP, they dont fold ace, but they dont raise it also, so you dont know your hand equity
      4)KK is nice hand, but here its 2nd pair.
      5)There is no draws out - it means he have strong flop callingrange overall.

I think they check back with Tx, 88 and hands like this.
      So if you check, and he bet, fold, you cantcall, because you are OOP and you see really often in river also bet, its cost much money to you.
      If you check and he check back, then i like bet half pot, because:
      1)value against Tx, 88 and hands like this, if you check, he may check back, you lose value
      2)you put price, he cant really raise you with weak ace, but if you check, he defenetly can bet more than half pot, if he have ace and i think you should call then.
      3)NL5 are very passive overall, they dont do pure pluffs, so if you bet and he raise, i fold here, he have stronger hand, but if you check, he bet this hand anyway and you must call, you waste same amount/less money anyway against this range, but by betting yourself you get value against other hands also.

As played fold river.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Very nice evaluation from Adapter1337, but I do not agree on some spots.
      For me this is wa/wb situation here.I don't see much point in betting on flop.KK is very good sd hand and not much can outdraw you.I would c/c here,if he bets, check turn and valuebet river.If he is agressive and bets ip often ,then can think about calldown,easy fold vs passive.
      :f_confused:
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, will rethink this hand:)
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Very nice evaluation from Adapter1337, but I do not agree on some spots.
      For me this is wa/wb situation here.I don't see much point in betting on flop.KK is very good sd hand and not much can outdraw you.I would c/c here,if he bets, check turn and valuebet river.If he is agressive and bets ip often ,then can think about calldown,easy fold vs passive.
      :f_confused:
      Yes it is defenetly one option, but i dont like it generally, i play overall OOP very nitty. IP its ofc best play imo, check back.
      Problem OOP is, we cant exept 3streets of value this hand, and also, most of times when we go to sd (with some action), we are beat here, so i like just bet for capitalizaise of dead money (its neither bluff, nor valuebet, or its yes valuebet, but if we got called here, we are really often beat)