[NL2-NL10] nl2 AQs ugly spot

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Guy was quite new at table, played only 5 hands, tho played them by 80/80 stats (yeah no sample, tho still strange)

Donno, strange feeling was like he can do it with AK, or smaller pair. Sets, straights was kinda out of question.

btw, if that guy on BB would call him, imho i would fold...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.81
      CO:
      $3.26
      BU:
      $0.91
      SB:
      $3.09
      BB:
      $2.41

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.14, BB calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.42) J, Q, 8 (3 players)
      SB bets $2.95, BB folds, Hero calls $2.67(All-In).

Turn: ($6.04) 5 (2 players)

River: ($6.04) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.04.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Qs As).
      SB shows a pair of queens(Qc Kh).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Qs As).
      SB wins with a pair of queens(Qc Kh).
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello shivas80,

Depends a lot on the opponent and as the table play, how he has been playing, if you really see him doing such moves with even weaker TP type of hands or maybe even with SD then it's doable the Call although I am not really big fan of it. But why I would Call there as well is for the reason that often times such shoves just don't make sense, they will likely rarely come up with sets and such hands since they wouldn't play sets like this, rather like maybe overpairs, TP, maybe even draws.

Best regards.
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      But he had just 5 hands, so we dont know how villain plays + we are deep. We make call, cause it is nl2, on higher limits, like nl50 and nl100 i think it can be mistake to call this without further reads?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by kevvu
      Hey,
      But he had just 5 hands, so we dont know how villain plays + we are deep. We make call, cause it is nl2, on higher limits, like nl50 and nl100 i think it can be mistake to call this without further reads?
      On higher limits I would never make such a Call unless I have reads, and as I said it's a lot depending on the reads what you have on tables. He might have seen him doing such shoves earlier with even worse hands and on those limits those Calls are doable. But you made good points out thanks!