Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0,8
      MP1:
      $7,05

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, BB folds, MP1 calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,18) 9:heart: , 5:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0,18) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,1, MP1 calls $0,10.

River: ($0,38) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero raises $0,62 (All-In), MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $0,38

I don't want to bet. I think my hand is strong enough to slowplay.. think.

I know I played this hand bad but I can't really put my finger on it.
  • 4 replies
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      Preflop 5bb would be better, because there's 1 limper. It's hard to get any value on this board, so checking the flop seems fine to me. Turn is ok I guess, but the riverbet is way too big.

If you think you can get your entire stack in and get called make the turnbet bigger, so the pot is bigger on the river and your stack smaller so it won't be as much of an overbet.

If villian is going to call any bet on the river it will probably me more like $0.20 - $0.30. You'll probably only get called by better hands and get a fold from anything else.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

MSS says 3xbb+1, so preflop is ok.
      I would cbet for sure here to 3/4 PSB for value and protection. He could hold the A ;) And prolly he doesnt believe you have flopped a flush (I never do).

T.
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      That is very true. flopping a flush is extremely rare
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey tryhardnoob,

Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Hi,

MSS says 3xbb+1, so preflop is ok.
      I would cbet for sure here to 3/4 PSB for value and protection. He could hold the A ;) And prolly he doesnt believe you have flopped a flush (I never do).

T.
      This.

You need to c-bet in order to start building up the pot so you don't have to make such overbet shoves on the river as you had to this time. Another thing, on mono boards you usually have less fold equity on the flop, because people will call your c-bet with pair + x :heart: or with A :heart: x a lot. So, in general, just c-bet this and hope he got a piece of flop and slowplay only if you think he is aggressive and could put more money in if you play passively.

Regards,
      burek2000