tilting

• AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      I rather tilt on here, then tilt on fulltilt and lose my oh so small bankroll, anyways enjoy my misory...

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      BU:
      Hero:
      BB:

SnG-MTT $ 1.20 (9 Players)
      100/200 No-Limit Hold'em (4 Players)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.98.40204.1 by www.pokerstrategy.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A :heart: , K :diamond:
      CO raises 200 to 400, BU folds,
      Hero raises 2100 to 2500 ( (AI)), BB folds, CO calls

Flop: (5200) K :heart: , 3 :spade: , 2 :heart: (2 Players)

Turn: (5200) A :spade: (2 Players)

River: (5200) Q :heart: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 5200

Results follow (Highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (Ah, Kd) --> (As, Ah, Kh, Kd, Qh)
      CO shows three of a kind, queens (Qs, Qd) --> (Qh, Qs, Qd, Kh, As)

CO wins 5200 with three of a kind, queens (Qs, Qd) --> (Qh, Qs, Qd, Kh, As)
  • 16 replies
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      im really beginning to question AK as a hand.

If you shove you are beaten by AA and KK if an ace doesn't hit flop

If noone has anything you will steal blinds which can be done with rags

If you dont hit A or K you are beaten by any pockets

You lose to flush and strait.

I just dont see why every strat says Shove this hand in any position at any time when reraised.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      AK is a good hand, but it is very easy to overrate it. Definitely it's not a "unquestionable stackoff" hand, you must play it according to your opponents. But the main thing why shoving with AK is good imho, is that if you're shoving only with KK+, you will be easily exploitable by observant players in higher limits. If your 3bet range over a sample of thousands of hands is normal (like 6-7), but your 4bet range is like 1,5 - then I would 4bet you with any 2 cards and fold everything but AA to your shove.
      Well of course, in microstakes this isn't very important.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Actually i think shoving AK is pretty bad on low limit cash games considering most people are not very aggressive and don't 3-bet and 4-bet bluff that often.

Basically against a player who doesn't 3-bet bluff and has a value range of JJ+/AK its -EV to ship AK since you only have 40% equity and his not folding enough.

And i don't see many people up to NL50 stacking off with AQ preflop so when ever you get it in with AK your either dominated or have a bad side of a flip.
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      Tilting more, this ones in a $1.10 45 man MTT, which I came 45th on the first hand.

HOW ARE PLAYERS THIS BAD

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      UTG3:
      MP1:
      MP2:
      MP3:
      CO:
      Hero:
      SB:
      BB:

SnG-MTT $ 1.10 (45 Players)
      15/30 No-Limit Hold'em (9 Players)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.98.40204.1 by www.pokerstrategy.com

Preflop: Hero is BU with K :diamond: , K :club:
      UTG2 calls, UTG3 calls, 4 fold,
      Hero raises 150 to 180, 2 fold, UTG2 calls, UTG3 calls

Flop: (585) Q :diamond: , 8 :club: , 7 :club: (3 Players)
      UTG2 checks, UTG3 checks,
      Hero bets 475, UTG2 calls, UTG3 folds

Turn: (1535) 8 :diamond: (2 Players)
      UTG2 checks,
      Hero bets 845 ( (AI)), UTG2 calls ( (AI))

River: (3225) Q :heart: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 3225

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kd, Kc) --> (Kd, Kc, Qd, Qh, 8d)
      UTG2 shows a full house, eights full of queens (9h, 8s) --> (8c, 8d, 8s, Qd, Qh)

UTG2 wins 3225 with a full house, eights full of queens (9h, 8s) --> (8c, 8d, 8s, Qd, Qh)
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      I CANT TAKE MICRO ANYMORE THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS ..... ON THE BUBBLE 45 MAN.....

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      MP2:
      MP3:
      Hero:
      BU:
      SB:
      BB:

500/1000 No-Limit Hold'em (7 Players)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A :diamond: , K :club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds,
      Hero raises 3080 to 4080 ( (AI)), 3 fold, MP2 calls

Flop: (9660) T :diamond: , 9 :heart: , 5 :heart: (2 Players)

Turn: (9660) 2 :heart: (2 Players)

River: (9660) 7 :spade: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 9660

Hero shows high card ace (Ad, Kc) --> (Ad, Kc, Td, 9h, 7s)
      MP2 shows a pair of tens (Qs, Th) --> (Td, Th, 9h, 7s, Qs)

MP2 wins 9660 with a pair of tens (Qs, Th) --> (Td, Th, 9h, 7s, Qs)
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AllAboutTheBenjamins
      I CANT TAKE MICRO ANYMORE THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS ..... ON THE BUBBLE 45 MAN.....

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      MP2:
      MP3:
      Hero:
      BU:
      SB:
      BB:

500/1000 No-Limit Hold'em (7 Players)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A :diamond: , K :club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds,
      Hero raises 3080 to 4080 ( (AI)), 3 fold, MP2 calls

Flop: (9660) T :diamond: , 9 :heart: , 5 :heart: (2 Players)

Turn: (9660) 2 :heart: (2 Players)

River: (9660) 7 :spade: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 9660

Hero shows high card ace (Ad, Kc) --> (Ad, Kc, Td, 9h, 7s)
      MP2 shows a pair of tens (Qs, Th) --> (Td, Th, 9h, 7s, Qs)

MP2 wins 9660 with a pair of tens (Qs, Th) --> (Td, Th, 9h, 7s, Qs)

why are you shoving with AKo preflop.

If you dont like micros take your $50 and play NL25, either you are going to dominate it like you think because people respect your raises or you are going to lose everything because you are not ready for it.
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      The blinds were at 500/1000 and I'm shortstack at the table I figured that pushing with AKo in this position would be my best chance to win, I got it in ahead, it just so happen that every time this donk got it in he was behind and somehow won.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      The blinds were at 500/1000 and I'm shortstack at the table I figured that pushing with AKo in this position would be my best chance to win, I got it in ahead, it just so happen that every time this donk got it in he was behind and somehow won.
      Why is he a donk? His call is as standard as it gets. If you think his call is bad you should really re-thing your own strategy.
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Why is he a donk? His call is as standard as it gets. If you think his call is bad you should really re-thing your own strategy.
      Yeah, you're right. I looked over these hands before when I woke up today, keep in mind when I post in this thread it is usually right after the hand and i'm usually still a bit tilted. Thanks for the input though, all part of the learning process :) .
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kodark

why are you shoving with AKo preflop.

If you dont like micros take your $50 and play NL25, either you are going to dominate it like you think because people respect your raises or you are going to lose everything because you are not ready for it.
      1) thats a standart shove
      2) NL25 is still micro as much as NL2
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Actually i think shoving AK is pretty bad on low limit cash games considering most people are not very aggressive and don't 3-bet and 4-bet bluff that often.

Basically against a player who doesn't 3-bet bluff and has a value range of JJ+/AK its -EV to ship AK since you only have 40% equity and his not folding enough.

And i don't see many people up to NL50 stacking off with AQ preflop so when ever you get it in with AK your either dominated or have a bad side of a flip.
      Well you gotta 3bet bluff if you want to make some profit against the opponents who aren't complete donks. And if you achieve a normal percent of 3bet, then you gotta shove with AK to avoid being exploited :)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas

Well you gotta 3bet bluff if you want to make some profit against the opponents who aren't complete donks. And if you achieve a normal percent of 3bet, then you gotta shove with AK to avoid being exploited :)
      Thats really not true at all. There's a lot of standard 68 tabling tag fishes that just play their cards and wont exploit you at all and wont even notice that you flat QQ, AK against them and 3-bet and get it in with KK+ with a very bluff heavy 3bet range.

And if and when he does notice your abusing him and starts 4betting you light then you can start adding AK and QQ to your stack off range.

Obviously your 3-betting range depends on specific player depending on how he plays against your 3-bets. If someone is folding to 3-bets like 80%+ its kind of a waste of hand when you have KK or AA to 3-bet him since his going to fold most of the time anyway and just use AX and KX hands to 3bet him and flat with your monsters hoping for a squeeze behind you or extract value post flop.

On the other hand if someone flats 3-bets a lot its better to have some kind of playable hand to 3-bet him with and if he reacts by 4-betting you a lot you just go with extended value range.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      And if and when he does notice your abusing him and starts 4betting you light then you can start adding AK and QQ to your stack off range.

On the other hand if someone flats 3-bets a lot its better to have some kind of playable hand to 3-bet him with and if he reacts by 4-betting you a lot you just go with extended value range.
      That's what I wanted to say actually, I don't know why you say it's not true at all...
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas

That's what I wanted to say actually, I don't know why you say it's not true at all...
      What i meant was that they wont notice your abusing them and most of them wont adapt at all and keep donking away their money :)
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      this one was fun

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      BU:
      Hero:
      BB:

SnG-MTT $ 1.20 (9 Players)
      100/200 No-Limit Hold'em (4 Players)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K :spade: , K :diamond:
      CO folds, BU calls,
      Hero raises 550 to 750, BB folds, BU calls

Flop: (1700) J :heart: , 9 :spade: , 6 :spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets 1250, BU calls

Turn: (4200) J :spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets 100 ( (AI)), BU calls

River: (4400) Q :club: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 4400

Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Ks, Kd) --> (Ks, Kd, Jh, Js, Qc)
      BU shows a full house, queens full of jacks (Qh, Qs) --> (Qc, Qh, Qs, Jh, Js)

BU wins 4400 with a full house, queens full of jacks (Qh, Qs) --> (Qc, Qh, Qs, Jh, Js)
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      i felt this one coming...

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG3:
      MP1:
      Hero:
      MP3:
      CO:
      BU:
      SB:
      BB:

20/40 No-Limit Hold'em (8 Players)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A :heart: , A :club:
      UTG3 calls,
      MP1 raises 960 to 1000,
      Hero raises 545 to 1545 ( (AI)), 6 fold, MP1 calls

Flop: (3190) K :spade: , 5 :heart: , 5 :spade: (2 Players)

Turn: (3190) K :heart: (2 Players)

River: (3190) T :diamond: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 3190

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (Ah, Ac) --> (Ah, Ac, Ks, Kh, Td)
      MP1 shows a full house, tens full of kings (Ts, Tc) --> (Td, Ts, Tc, Ks, Kh)

MP1 wins 3190 with a full house, tens full of kings (Ts, Tc) --> (Td, Ts, Tc, Ks, Kh)