The Redline in MSS

    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.04.2010 Posts: 5,221
      Hello,

      I am a former BSS player that went MSS a couple of weeks ago. In BSS my redline was pretty awesome. But now with the MSS my redline sinks into the abyss while my blueline goes up nice and steady. The redline is what makes my game more swingy than it should be. This is a huge leak I find because soon I will move up to NL100 MSS and I want this leak to be fixed. I think I should either 3bet lighter and 2nd barrel more. But good regulars now how to play back on this against a midstack. How can I keep my redline more even?



  • 10 replies
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      Joined: 23.09.2007 Posts: 109
      Your C-bet is low , C-bet more
      Check-raise more on the flop, your not doing this ?
      3-bet more, are you using the charts from gold section it doent look like u got a bluff 3bet in ya ?.Your only value 3-betting by the looks of it ? You dont have the stack to play poker. Stop thinking like a Bss player, Try to get your money in when you got the goods either pre\flop or turn ,if your betting the turn your gonna be commited .Its more or less a fit or fold strategy.Reread the articles. Hope this helps.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2010 Posts: 741
      His cbet flop % is 79.56, isn't it?
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.06.2010 Posts: 1,151
      If you are losing money from the CO, this is a leak you need to fix. Your CO hands are almost independent of your hands from other positions and there is no reason to lose money there.

      If you are losing money in nonshowdown pots, this might not be a leak at all. Your nonshowdown pots are closely related to your showdown pots, and many marginal plays will shift situations from one category to another. You can't improve your nonshowdown winnings without affecting your showdown winnings, usually in the opposite direction, although not always the same amount. If you shift bad situations from showdown to nonshowdown, say by making a marginal fold on the river, this will have a large effect on your nonshowdown winnings, and a negligible effect on your profit. How much money would you want to pay in order to shift some bad situations to the showdown category instead, or to move good situations out of the showdown category into the nonshowdown category? I wouldn't pay anything.

      The breakdown of your total winnings into your showdown versus nonshowdown winnings depend on how your opponents play, not just on how you play. It should change with the stack depth. You will not get all-in as often when you play with a deeper stack. You may find that your opponents' fold-to-3-bet stats change a lot based on your stack depth. These are normal changes which do not indicate any leaks.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2010 Posts: 741
      Originally posted by pzhon
      If you are losing money in nonshowdown pots, this might not be a leak at all. Your nonshowdown pots are closely related to your showdown pots, and many marginal plays will shift situations from one category to another. You can't improve your nonshowdown winnings without affecting your showdown winnings, usually in the opposite direction, although not always the same amount. If you shift bad situations from showdown to nonshowdown, say by making a marginal fold on the river, this will have a large effect on your nonshowdown winnings, and a negligible effect on your profit. How much money would you want to pay in order to shift some bad situations to the showdown category instead, or to move good situations out of the showdown category into the nonshowdown category? I wouldn't pay anything.
      Well this paragraph was golden. Certainly made me look at sd/nsd winnings from another angle :)
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.04.2010 Posts: 5,221
      Originally posted by pzhon
      If you are losing money from the CO, this is a leak you need to fix. Your CO hands are almost independent of your hands from other positions and there is no reason to lose money there.
      .
      Could you explain this further please?
    • bogie
      bogie
      Global
      Joined: 23.09.2007 Posts: 109
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      His cbet flop % is 79.56, isn't it?
      his first action on flop after pre flop raise ....bet 30.23 (510\1687).... thats less than half the time,thats if that is the c-bet%,i dont use PT3 ,if its not forgive my stupid assumption ....lol
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.03.2010 Posts: 741
      Originally posted by bogie
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      His cbet flop % is 79.56, isn't it?
      his first action on flop after pre flop raise ....bet 30.23 (510\1687).... thats less than half the time,thats if that is the c-bet%,i dont use PT3 ,if its not forgive my stupid assumption ....lol
      I'm not sure about that either, but a flop was seen on only 641 hands (no flop/no action on 1046 hands), so cbet % would be 510/641 I think.
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.04.2010 Posts: 5,221
      Originally posted by bogie
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      His cbet flop % is 79.56, isn't it?
      his first action on flop after pre flop raise ....bet 30.23 (510\1687).... thats less than half the time,thats if that is the c-bet%,i dont use PT3 ,if its not forgive my stupid assumption ....lol
      my cbet is somewere around 80%, that's even a little too high I think
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.06.2010 Posts: 1,151
      Originally posted by noisecore
      Originally posted by pzhon
      If you are losing money from the CO, this is a leak you need to fix. Your CO hands are almost independent of your hands from other positions and there is no reason to lose money there.
      .
      Could you explain this further please?
      This was a contrasting hypothetical situation. I'm not saying you are losing from the CO. If you were, then you could improve your results by folding everything from the CO without changing your play elsewhere. There is no similar way to drop nonshowdown losses while keeping the showdown wins.

      By the way, many players who have nonshowdown losses only have nonshowdown losses in the blinds, and the nonshowdown losses are typically less than the cost of posting the blinds. If you overdefend the blinds, you might be able to push some of the losses into the showdown category.
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.04.2010 Posts: 5,221
      Originally posted by pzhon
      Originally posted by noisecore
      Originally posted by pzhon
      If you are losing money from the CO, this is a leak you need to fix. Your CO hands are almost independent of your hands from other positions and there is no reason to lose money there.
      .
      Could you explain this further please?
      This was a contrasting hypothetical situation. I'm not saying you are losing from the CO. If you were, then you could improve your results by folding everything from the CO without changing your play elsewhere. There is no similar way to drop nonshowdown losses while keeping the showdown wins.

      By the way, many players who have nonshowdown losses only have nonshowdown losses in the blinds, and the nonshowdown losses are typically less than the cost of posting the blinds. If you overdefend the blinds, you might be able to push some of the losses into the showdown category.
      Ok then I suppose i have no real supermajor nonSD leak I guess because I imported everything into HEM (I like leakbuster) and I only lose money from the BB apparently. the CO is even my most profitable spot :D

      I do have other leaks to fix I think maybe the sweet-sunday coachings will help me with that :) .