SSS SHC for shorthanded game!

• 11 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by urke1
      Hello!
      Is there starting hand chart for SSS for shorthanded game?
      you can't play sh with a short stack.
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      Not entirely true. It's just very difficult to play WELL with a short stack, as shorthanded play has less fold equity than full ring, as you are not likely to be put on good hands, even if your PFRis incredibly low.

Also, with a short stack, you cannot put in big raises from the turn onwards, because your opponents are almost always given incredible odds to call, no matter what their cards are.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      On german forum some experts are trying to create a SH sss, but it's advanced and hasn't been proven to work yet on the long term. Just stick with FR
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Please ... I'm thinking of going to shorthanded games to get a better winrate without those ultra-tight shortstacks around. If PokerStrategy would devise a SSS for SH games those days will be over as well.
      God I hate'em
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks

you can't play sh with a short stack.
      Why not ?

Originally posted by SonicXT

Please ... I'm thinking of going to shorthanded games to get a better winrate without those ultra-tight shortstacks around.
      Also in the SH games there seems to be way more bad players than in the FR (Party NL25 that is) and there seems to be virtually no decent shortstackers.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      True, but I didn't have the bankroll to play NL25 SH until recently. I did however curse Party for not offering NL10 SH, which may have slowed my progress significantly as the NL10 FR are filled with shortstackers and really tight bigstackers and you had to find the real fish to finally win a stack or 2.

For NL50 through NL200, the full ring games aren't that bad either. There are less shortstacks, a lot of people playing with scared money which makes them easy to read (minraises) and scare out of the pot, and a great deal of midstackers with no strategy besides "ooh, two picture cards, let's go for it!"
      I can't hardly wait to have the bankroll for NL50SH :D
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      SH is juicy. I got doubts about SH SSS plays. But could work. I guess it requires more push preflop.
      You could drag me out of SSS SonicXT :D , just i dont have BR atm to play BS.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Nah, you build it the way you like. You only need 100 $ for NL5 according to PS though.
      However, at that limit, 80 $ is more than enough I'd say. It's just too hard to be in a severe downswing there ... most PokerStrategy players got through that level with about 10-30BB/100 (or 5-15PTBB/100) or perhaps even better.

Unfortenately, it's full ring on Party, as is NL10.
      I always searched for the near empty tables on NL5 though, usually it's a quick stacking up playing heads up or 3-handed against these players. :D
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      What can i say, im down from NL50, and getting deeper in NL25 stucked kinda hard ....
    • tipper1719
      tipper1719
      Bronze
      ...to get a better winrate without those ultra-tight shortstacks around.

God I hate'em

i'm having trouble with SSS on NL10 (fulltiltpoker). i've been playing 2 weeks now and my bankroll sways between $25 and $45 :(

sometimes i make 6-8 dollars doubling up a second time (after having doubled up and waiting to blind out.) this is often more than i'd made in 2 hours of SSS playing 6-8 tables.

i won't deny it, i'm sure i've lost $50 because i was on tilt. the biggest challenge is discipline, no doubt. still, all those shortstackers out there are quite annoying indeed!
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

We have tested some short stack strategies on shorthanded tables. They all didn't work, yet. So please stick to fullring tables when you are playing the short stack strategy.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81