FTPA Points

• elmntdark
      elmntdark
      Bronze
      Would it be a good idea to spend 4445 points to buy the $22 miniFTOPS . or just save it until i get 20k for the $100 cash bonus?

any opinions on FTPA spending?

Also i thought u could use the $22 double deuce ticket for miniFTOPS, why is the double deice ticket 4400 while the miniftops is 4445?

Thanks
      Elmnt
  • 9 replies
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      If you take a 100$ cash bonus you get your net rake reduced by 100$ (and rakeback reduced by 27$), therefore the actual bonus you get is 73$.

So lets do some math:

When buying a 22$ ticket 1 point is worth 22/4445 = 0.004949..... $.
      When buying a 73$ cash bonus 1 point is worth 73/20000 = 0.00365 $.

It appears that a tourney ticket has higher value than cash bonus (as pretty much always). But don't listen to the trolls who may say that cash bonus has more value than tourney ticket, because in order to make ticket more profitable you have to have like 100% ROI, and similar bullshit. The fact is that a ticket itself has more value than cash bonus, no matter how you play in the tourney. But if we talk about expected value (EV) - than it actually depends on you MTT skills: if you're good - you may have higher EV buying tourney ticket, but if you're bad - cash bonus may have higher EV for you. So basically only you can decide which thing is better for you according to your MTT skills and goals (if you want just some fun - definitely take a ticket :D ).

P.S. I'm not 100% sure about rakeback deductions, so it would be very good if someone could confirm that. But as far as I know you get your rakeback deducted everytime you take a cash bonus, no matter where from.
    • elmntdark
      elmntdark
      Bronze
      Appreciate your reply!
      I'll prob take a ticket :) I love MTTs
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      No problem, glad to help!
      Kick some asses in the tourney :D
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      I thought it is better to buy FTP points with your FTPA's but not entirely sure!
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by variancekiller
      I thought it is better to buy FTP points with your FTPA's but not entirely sure!
      +1
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Originally posted by variancekiller
      +1
      pretty sure it isn't.. FTP points are overprized in the FTPAA store compaired to Ironman store..
      no clue why it is like that..
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Because its soooo easy to earn ftpa's but difficult for the average joe to accumulate enough medals
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Because its soooo easy to earn ftpa's but difficult for the average joe to accumulate enough medals
      Hm you got a point here.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      bonuses are cheaper than through ftp shop which are in turn cheaper than through the ironman medal shop