How to play SH 5-MAX tables NL50-NL100

• Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Hi all

I was wondering if i can get some help or advice please with these new type of tables (at least for me).

I have been refusing to move to 5 player tables for awile now but the traffic at the site i play at is 5 times higher on such tables so i have no choice but to adjust and learn how to play them.

They seem quite a lot different to usual 6-MAX tables and the play is quite different as well. I have played about 2k hands on them yesterday and im struggling to put players on hands or ranges quite often. Obviously the play is looser, way more agressive and more blinds oriented.

For arguments sake i play NL50 on them at the moment and so far (over 2k sample) i saw 2 players with VPIP of less then 20%. One was a losing nit and another was a decent player from NL100 who i assume got lost as there was no reason for him to play the limit.

So my general questions are:

What kind of stats should i be aiming for? Obviously i need to be looser then on 6-max to stay with the blinds. Should i be more aggressive as the chances of players bluffing / having marginal hands are increased? How do i play 3-bet/4-bet/5-bet blind wars?

Is there something specific i need to be doing on those tables and are they more profitable then 6-max? I cant upload any hands at the moment as im in the office and have no access to my database.

And lastly is there any way for HEM to work at the same time on 5-MAX and 6-MAX tables? At the moment i have move the stats around each time i swap between table types.

Any help is appreciated even if im being really stupid here!

Cheers

Daenerys
  • 4 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      And lastly is there any way for HEM to work at the same time on 5-MAX and 6-MAX tables? At the moment i have move the stats around each time i swap between table types.

Open HUD Options > Seating Preferences, choose your poker room, and see, is there 5max.
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Adapter1337

Open HUD Options > Seating Preferences, choose your poker room, and see, is there 5max.
      Nope, not for BOSS :(
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Adapter1337

Can you tell me on which software you play? Cause those 5MAX are actually fullring 10MAX tables but split into half. So basically use "FAV seating" for a 10 table and pick your seat how you would pick on a 10 table.

As for the play, I moved from SH nl25 on FTP to OnGame nl10 5max and I can say OMFG. 3bet, 4bet, 5bet, min-raise, min-min raise, 4bet SHOVE, showdown (69s vs JJ - of course 69s hits the flush). And so on... I can only say you need full concentration on the 5max tables where I play, trying to avoid the "setups". My favorite thing is to PUNISH the nits with vpip 9-11 in a 1k hand sample. :D

Thats Poker folks.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Isn't it the same 6 max just now UTG always is marked as sitting out;>