Please delete this thread thankyou ;)

• Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Hi there Pokerstrategy, hows it going?

My nickname is Laggsy and I thought I would start up a blog. I repeat a blog. Not a poker blog. But i'm sure poker will get a mention every now and then. :)

Also, i want to let you know of a few things about this blog. This is like my outlet of rage. I am allowed to complain as much as i want and I will be very annoying I'm sure.

So in advance I apologise.

But then i guess it's your fault for reading it. lol. So don't say i didn't warn you.

OK so I'll tell you a little bit about myself. But not too much. Cause I know there are some internet freaks out there. And they WILL stalk me and probably try to rape me. ;)

Back on track, I'm 19, Male, Australian.

Thats enough about me... haha just joking.

I live in NSW, (thats the state with Sydney in it, for all you outsiders), on the beautiful Central Coast. Seriously, it is one of the most beautiful places in Australia. Everything about it is so chilled and I love that. The coastal vibe is so pleasant.

I am currently in my second year of a four year degree studying Aeronautical Engineering at the University of Sydney. It takes me two hours to get to uni each day on the train. Catching the train for 2 hours each way is quite possibly the most boring experience of my life. It frustrates the hell out of me tbh. But anyway, that's what I have to do, because teh government won't support me living away from home. Im pretty sure any rent in Sydney is over $400 a week and I do not have enough money to pay that every week. So for a while at least i will be doing teh daily commute down to Sydney.

Other than uni, I love sport. I play first grade cricket. Got our semi-final tomorrow. I open the batting and bowl a bit of off-spin when required. We won the competition last year and are looking to back it up again this year.

Once cricket is finished, soccer season will start. Soccer is mainly just a bit of fun for me. I could probably make some teams if I trained reallyt hard, but that doesn't interest me.

Ok well I have written far to much already, and im sorry for that. wait no I'm not. haha, sucked in for reading all this boring rubbish.

lol I didn't even mention poker once. Ah well I might do that tomorrow after cricket.

Laggsy Out
  • 12 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      i like annoying people, keep updating
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      UPDATE!!!!!

I am now about to go to bed so i can get some sleep before the big game tomorrow.
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Ok so I'll continue on from my first post. Just ignore my last post at the idiot thyat decided to spam MY thread. He's an idiot.

POKER

My first experience with poker started about 3.5 years ago when one of my mates had a 16th Birthday Party/ poker night. At that time we had no idea how to play poker. Literally no idea. My mate made up a hand chaty telling us that two pair beats one pair etc etc. All very sophisticated poker theory imo.

I ended up winning one of the games somehow. Pure skill I assume. And it was pretty mad fun.

I can't remember if we played again for ages, but i think we had a few pokernights here and there. slowly getting better and better.

then when i turned 18 i could finally play legally. YOU BEAUTY!!!

So i went and played in my first APL tournament. Quality poker right there. lol. Im pretty sure i did terribly and got out heaps early.

So i plyed APL weekly and consistently failed lol. you get like 70 runners and only top three pay. but its a freeroll so who cares.

so then one of my mates tells me that you can play poker online. And im lkike what? u mean against a compiuter??? and hes like no way against other ppl. and im like well that sounds aesome. So we go on my computer and after searching around for a bit we find this site callled full tilt poker.

if only i knew about rakeback back then lol.

so i sign up. get my dad to deposit 10 bucks for me. (full use of first deposit bonus AMIRITE) lol. i think i started by putting 40c on a nl2 table. bankroll management without even knowing it. haha. so i end up losing it all. all 10 dollars. devoed.

so i keep losing for ages. just deposting 10 dollars here. ten there. one fifty dolalr deposit lose that. so im probably down about 100 bucks at that point.

then i discover pokerstars and start my genius plan. deposit 20 bucks,. put it all on a nl25 table and try to turn it into 100. it actually worked twice. so that was good.

i dint play much for a while cos uni started. so then about halfway through my secoind semester at uni i decided to take poker seriosuly. so i searched for a poker strategy site. found one named pokerstrategy.,com and learnt how to play poker. learnt bankroll management. then deposited 50 bucks and started grinding.

after about 2 months i managed to work my way up to about 1k.

then i had my first downswing. and since then ive been breakeven. and itrs not much fun.

i would define my style of play as LAG. (btw my nickname is actually my nickname in real life and not poker relates at all) Afetr i found how many ppl mutlitable, how many ppl just use real basic ABC poker to beat the game, i figureds that i can exploiut this. so i started playing more aggressive. ppl lov e folding basically. its amazing how much popl love to fold.

i love talking about the best way to play hands. it is really enjoyable.

my thinking is in any hand is how can i win teh most money from this hand. whether it be from a bluff, from value betting or if im beat than i try to lose the minimum.

one of my favourite things to say while playing, when im in a tough spot. i just fold and say, there will be a better spot.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A BETTER SPOT

ok so im gonna go get drunk. at a mates place.

ill catch you cool cats on the flip side.

p.s. i will tell you all about a music youve probably never heard b4 iun my next update.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Ooh, cool, another resident of Sydney! The commutes kinda suck to get to the city. At least I don't have to do it daily :/. I live in Richmond, about as far away from Sydney (Richmond is literally the last station on the Western Line) as you can get and have access to rail :P

Good luck at the tables!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Laggsy
      Ok so I'll continue on from my first post. Just ignore my last post at the idiot thyat decided to spam MY thread. He's an idiot.

Wasnt spam silly cunt im actualy enjoying this blog :s_biggrin:

Keep it up btw im gonna ask some questions i dont expect for one second they will get answered seriously tho.

What limit are you playing now?

FR SH BSS MSS?

Are you gonna be posting graphs?
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      [/quote]Wasnt spam silly cunt im actualy enjoying this blog :s_biggrin:

Keep it up btw im gonna ask some questions i dont expect for one second they will get answered seriously tho.

What limit are you playing now?

FR SH BSS MSS?

Are you gonna be posting graphs?[/quote]haha. Cmon man why wouldnt u expect to get seriosu answers. Im like the most seriosu person ever.

so atm im playing NL25. I went on a mad sick run and took a shot at NL50. Failed. And since then I have been breaking even at NL25. Its gotta be the most depressing thing, breaking even. rackin up the FPP lol.

Im playing BSS FR but not really. I have never read any articles on this site so i basically just taught myself by reading blogs and shit. some of them are pretty good.

And no i wont be posting graphs because im a poor student and my money is better spent on textbooks then on poker tracker. lol. i used teh trial for pokertracker and loved it. it was so mad being able to review sessions and use the hud and such. if i had more money i would def get it cos its an awesome resource.

Weekly Rap Up

So we lost cricket last week. Heaps gay. Like super uber gay. i was pretty devastated. But we came secoind during the season so we get a second chance. So we played teh first day of our secolnd chance game today and the y scored 220 on us. So i will be opening the batting tomoz to try and get the team of to a good start and hopefully score a few myself. If we win this we go through to the grand final. so its cut throat.

Also this week. Was my second week at uni. They decided to pile us on with assignments which is so much fun. i love assignments,. they are tge best.

I signed up for friday lunchtime soccer. So ill be pawning noobs every friday from now on. in my two hour break at uni.

POKER

I played a bit this week. Got up about a buy in. Then lost a couple of buyins. Very normal for the last few months. I might upload a few hands every now and then thhat are funny or interesting. actually i saved a few i might go grab them now.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($16.05)
      UTG+1 ($28.23)
      MP1 ($9.96)
      MP2 ($18.67)
      MP3 ($8.97)
      CO ($25.99)
      Button ($21.11)
      SB ($16.88)
      Hero (BB) ($25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
      UTG bets $0.75, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.75, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG calls $1.75, MP2 calls $1.75

Flop: ($7.60) Q, 6, 9 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.75, UTG calls $3.75, 1 fold

Turn: ($15.10) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.77, UTG calls $9.80 (All-In)

River: ($34.70) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $34.70 | Rake: $1.69

im not sure if that will work. its just a sick hand really. doesnt take any skill with set over set.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10.35)
      UTG ($20.60)
      UTG+1 ($17.07)
      Hero (MP1) ($31)
      MP2 ($9.65)
      MP3 ($10.37)
      CO ($38.21)
      Button ($11.73)
      SB ($26.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9, 10
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, 5 folds, BB bets $1, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 4, 8, 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $9.35 (All-In), Hero calls $6.35

Turn: ($20.80) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.80) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.80 | Rake: $1.03

i plyed that hand terribly. the raise on the flop??? wrf was goin througgh my mind there. what was he goin to call me with that wrose than top pait med kicker. Im embarresed lol. but i had a sr=traight and im never folding a straight on teh river there. ;)

Every hand of poker i play this is the thought process that goes through my mind.
      How can i make the most money from this hand??
      If I think he has a stronger hand than me, am i able to bluff him off??
      If i hit a strong hand, how vcan i get paid off??
      After all this if i dont think i have teh best hand, and i cant blff him off it then i will fold.

ITS SO SIMPLE!!!!!

TRhis is like 4 things to go through in my mind every poker hand. It simplifies everything.

Also i love poker strategy. so please commment on the hands post. thanks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($22.46)
      CO ($31.28)
      Button ($19.02)
      SB ($14.83)
      Hero (BB) ($53.52)
      UTG ($17.05)
      UTG+1 ($9.30)
      MP1 ($6.92)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 3
      UTG calls $0.25, 6 folds, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 5, 9, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, UTG calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.60) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: ($4.60) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

Total pot: $6.60 | Rake: $0.31

I had epic readz on this guy and i actually just put him on Ace high. turns out he had king high. but i managed to get paid off on the river nby betting about one sixth of thr pot. im pretty proud of this hand. tbh.

End Rant. twas good fun writing this. Im about to go out to the movies with some friends and watch I am number 4. looks pretty good imo.

Catchyas all later!!!!
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Hey there attractive, friendly and skillful moderators; can you please delete this thread because I would like to start up another blog that is actually good. Thankyou...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey laggsy, why wld u wanna delete this? already so much good stuff in :)
      btw if you dont want to spend money on the poker softwares yet, you can use our poker elephant which is absolutely free! its still a work in progress and can still be improved like most things, but you will be able to track ur progress and look at your graphs and review ur hands. and did i mention, its freee! :D
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Yeah well i started this a while when i was first getting into poker, and since then ive gotten so much better. I'd rather start a fresh one.

Thanks about elephant. Ill get that for sure.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah i see. =) well some people like it when they can see how theyve progressed in poker. because hopefully, you will still keep improving (does it mean u will make new blog every so often?) :D

so have u started a new one yet? we dont have to delete this one though, just in case many years down the line you might wanna look back ;)
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Yeah, if you don't post on it, it'll just become consigned to the later pages where nobody ever goes. That's what I did with my first blog.
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      haha no i wont be starting heaps. its just that this was started so long ago. i didnt even know that 2 + 2 EXISTED back then. lol. i was such a rookie.

Ok well i duess you can keep this one here and in ten years time when im playing 500/1k in vegas ill give this thread a bump.

Thanks for your help.

Ill start my new blog soon.