$37.30
      MP3 (Hero):
      $36.33
      CO:
      $11.16
      BU:
      $23.35

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9.
      MP2 raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.65) 3, 4, 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $2.65, Hero raises to $10.00, BB raises to $20.75(All-In), MP2 folds, Hero calls $10.75.

Turn: ($46.8) 9 (2 players)

River: ($46.8) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $46.8.

Villains-unknown.Should I be raising the initial bet?Do I have e +EV call on the shove and what could his range be?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Villains-unknown.Should I be raising the initial bet?

Since villain unknown then the raise is very thin and often times such pot size bets mean a very strong hand. Therefore at the best I'd just Call and reevaluate on further streets. Doesn't really make sense to raise and fold to a 3bet, we ain't turning our hand into bluff.

Do I have e +EV call on the shove and what could his range be?

As you raised him then there is no option of folding, that was your 1st plan with to going for the raise. If you don't want to go broke then rather just Call it and reevaluate on further streets as I mentioned in previous question. And yes, often times we are behind here and we can't count this being +EV Call that often. Even shouldn't consider that either it's +EV call or not but rather what should we do there. What is our plan with the raise? Why do we raise? Maybe even calling is better and reevaluating further streets?

Best regards.
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      The problem is that the shove comes from the BB who's range I have trouble determining.Yes my plan was to go all-in vs the initial raiser but now the BB comes along with a shove.Isn't calling just too vulnerable vs two opponents on this board?What if I had called utg's bet and then BB comes over the top-is that an easy fold?
      Thanks in advance :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jozata
      The problem is that the shove comes from the BB who's range I have trouble determining.Yes my plan was to go all-in vs the initial raiser but now the BB comes along with a shove.Isn't calling just too vulnerable vs two opponents on this board?What if I had called utg's bet and then BB comes over the top-is that an easy fold?
      Thanks in advance :)
      Oh sorry, I didn't catch that it comes from BB. Yes, rather fold it there but still I don't really like the raise there with 99. Rather play pot control, our hand ain't that strong.