Break even Equity e Fold equity

• JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      hi

I'm a long period of time the demand of these calculations.

I know calculating Break even equity only in PF, and pos flop?

I also know the calculation of Fold equity just to steal blinds, how would this calculation in PF or pos flop?

Help Me!
      Grateful!

PS:If you don't understand what I'm talking about is why am I using a translator, then any doubt about what I just ask the party who did not understand.
  • 14 replies
    • JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      Staff can someone help me!?

I am waiting for answers!

Thanks
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I didn't understand your question
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      Yoda talk like thread this is not?
    • JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeanGreen
      Yoda talk like thread this is not?

Hello,
      I am wondering what are the calculations for this situation that I spoke at the beginning of the topic.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well its actually pretty simple. You open to 3BB then you need to take it down 66% of the time since you invest 3BB to win 1.5BB, asuming you never win a pot if you get called or raised. It has to work more often if you raise to 4BB since you invest more money to win the same amount.

Its the same thing post flop but sizing there is even more important. If the pot is 10BB and you bluff full pot it then it needs to work 50% of the time, and if you c-bet to 5BB then it only needs to work 25% of the time, asuming you have no hand making equity.

But in case you do have a FD then you will end up with the best hand by the river 30% of the time, so your bluff doesn't have to work as often as when you have air. So its always better to barrel off when you at least have some hand making equity and just let go of your hand when you have no equity at all like 67 on KQ2 board or something like that.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Easily thread of the month
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      LLOOLLLLLL
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      @MatejM47
      Wouldn't I be better betting 67 on KQ2 flop or even trying C/R since I have absolutely no chance of winning the pot otherwise?
      Not criticising, just asking for your experience. Maybe should'nt ask here though in someone elses thread.
    • JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      Personally, perhaps you are not understanding me, I just want to say what is the formula that we use at the time of doing the calculations, since I think I think these calculations are different in the PF or pos flop

:D
    • poupou
      poupou
      Bronze
      If you bet $100 to a $50 pot, you need $100/($50+$100) = 66.67% FE for it to be BE in EV.

$24 bet in a $100 pot would be then $24/($100+$24) = 19.35%
      (So if villain folds one time out of ~5 you're good to go).

Of course these calculations don't include rake, which should raise the percentage a little.
    • JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      Thank you very much.

Now I wanted to know how to make calculating Break Even in Post Flop, because in some situations in flop I want to do the calculations but don't know how to do.

I know do the calculation in PF:
      stack effective * 2 + blinds-5% (maximum $ 3) (= ) (reverse [r]) * to call

but in the Post Flop I don't know how to make ...

could you help me?
    • poupou
      poupou
      Bronze
      You mean like in situations where you know your equity against villains range?

In situations if he calls? Folds? All-in? Sry, but I don't understand the question you're trying to make here. English isn't my strongest language so.. :f_p:

edit: or point me to the article you took that example of yours!
    • JoseLuiz00
      JoseLuiz00
      Bronze
      Originally posted by poupou
      You mean like in situations where you know your equity against villains range?

In situations if he calls? Folds? All-in? Sry, but I don't understand the question you're trying to make here. English isn't my strongest language so.. :f_p:

edit: or point me to the article you took that example of yours!

You taught me the calculation of fold equity, disregarding the rake.

Now I want to do the calculations for Break even equity in 3Bet on Flop, turn or river.

This calculation that I put is how does the calculation in the pre flop, now I wanted to know the calculation I above.

Understand now?
      :D