This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Platinum

• 8 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      With 6 hours/week I guess you would need to play at a damn high stakes to reach platinum. :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      depends on the site, and what you are playing, how many tables and stuff

example 1: if you play 10 sngs/hour on fulltilt by playing 6 hours a week you will end up playing 240 sngs/28 day period.

platinum takes 1500 dollars on rake, so that would be $6.25 rake meaning that you would need to play the $109s since the next stake is $60 (only $5 rake)

example 2: you play 100 sngs/hour on stars. that means 2400 tourneys/28 days. platinum on stars is 6000 vpps/5.5 = 1091$ on rake. so the sngs should average 0.46$ so you could do it on the $6.5 sngs

by the lack of information in your OP the correct answer would be :

$3.50
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      With 6 hours/week I guess you would need to play at a damn high stakes to reach platinum. :)
      Fuck yeah! NL50 Rush would get you platinum at about 70-80h/month.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      About 11k hands, 32 hours, mostly FL SH $1/$2 at PartyPoker got me there.
    • SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      The thing is i stopped playing with my tracked account which is on pokerparty , because i like pokerstars more.
      I added two months ago my pokerstars account to that profile settings page , because i though it will be tracked too.
      So i want to want to play on pokerstars , and also gain strategy points .
      But i think that's out of the question now -_- . Even if i play only with my pokerparty account , i will never reach platinum or diamond , because there are only several medium and high stakes tables there. At some point i will want to move at higher stakes , and i can't do that at partypoker. Well ,actually i can , if i want to play against the same 6 players every day ...
      So , sadly , if i want to learn poker i will have to move to a paid site after im done with the silver and gold articles here :(
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      why do you want to chase platinum anyway? platinum content is midstakes and if you play those stakes getting platinum is really easy.

/serious
    • SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      I don't know , i just want to be able to unlock all articles. And 7500 SP seem hard to get.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      nl400+ on ipoker