This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStars no longer displays each player's town

• fembot26
      fembot26
      Bronze
      This might be just me, but I don't particularly like PokerStars' recent decision to display a player's country only, rather than the town/city as before, when you "mouseover" the player's image - I already know the names of every country, and it was interesting to be able to Google the names of towns to find out a little about them. (Mogilev, for example, turns out to be an old city in Belarus with an interesting history.) Now everyone at a table is very anonymous, typically being from a country with a population of tens of millions.

Had there been complaints as to privacy?
  • 2 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey fembot26,

AFAIK, it was because people were abusing where they were from:

For example, "Team Pro", "I'm awesome McAwesome", "Sewage Pipe", "Ya mumma's House" etc etc.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fembot26
      This might be just me, but I don't particularly like PokerStars' recent decision to display a player's country only, rather than the town/city as before, when you "mouseover" the player's image - I already know the names of every country, and it was interesting to be able to Google the names of towns to find out a little about them. (Mogilev, for example, turns out to be an old city in Belarus with an interesting history.) Now everyone at a table is very anonymous, typically being from a country with a population of tens of millions.

Had there been complaints as to privacy?
      man add a few more tables already