PokerStars no longer displays each player's town

• fembot26
      fembot26
      Bronze
      This might be just me, but I don't particularly like PokerStars' recent decision to display a player's country only, rather than the town/city as before, when you "mouseover" the player's image - I already know the names of every country, and it was interesting to be able to Google the names of towns to find out a little about them. (Mogilev, for example, turns out to be an old city in Belarus with an interesting history.) Now everyone at a table is very anonymous, typically being from a country with a population of tens of millions.

Had there been complaints as to privacy?
  • 2 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey fembot26,

AFAIK, it was because people were abusing where they were from:

For example, "Team Pro", "I'm awesome McAwesome", "Sewage Pipe", "Ya mumma's House" etc etc.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fembot26
      This might be just me, but I don't particularly like PokerStars' recent decision to display a player's country only, rather than the town/city as before, when you "mouseover" the player's image - I already know the names of every country, and it was interesting to be able to Google the names of towns to find out a little about them. (Mogilev, for example, turns out to be an old city in Belarus with an interesting history.) Now everyone at a table is very anonymous, typically being from a country with a population of tens of millions.

Had there been complaints as to privacy?
      man add a few more tables already