[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 Putting opponent on a hand correctly - no use

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Here's a very frustrating hand. Opponent (no stats) makes a min-raise on the flop, however since the flop is very draw-heavy this looks suspicious, since if he had a monster, he'd raise bigger to protect it. So I bluff-reraise big. He calls. I plan to give up and check the turn, he checks behind. ON A DRAW-HEAVY BOARD.

If he had a set, two-pair, anything strong, he would have to bet here to protect.

Now, since no draws completed on the river I conclude that he was either on a draw or maybe held something marginal plus some kind of a draw. I figure that if I make a very strong bet he will have to fold his marginal hand. Here's the result:

MicroGaming - €0.20 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: €20.60
      Hero (CO): €22.25
      BTN: €19.33
      SB: €20.10
      BB: €40.55

SB posts SB €0.10, BB posts BB €0.20

Pre Flop: (€0.30) Hero has A:spade: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to €0.90, BTN calls €0.90, fold, fold

Flop: (€2.10, 2 players) 6:club: T:club: 8:spade:
      Hero bets €1.30, BTN raises to €2.80, Hero raises to €7.00, BTN calls €4.20

Turn: (€16.10, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (€16.10, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero bets €12.10, BTN calls €11.43 and is all-in

Hero shows A:spade: J:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (PreFlop 68%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      BTN shows A:club: 8:club: (One Pair, Eights) (PreFlop 32%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      BTN wins €37.02
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fuzzyfish,

Flop: Against unknown it's an easy Bet/Fold on flop, I would like never 3bet here unless I have a good reason to do that. He will just continue with a lot of hands there and we might have like 0 fold equity.

As played
      Turn: The check behind doesn't always mean that he has a weak hand. He could easily be min-raising us on flop with as well with TPs.
      River: And I'd rather just Check/Fold it, even if he had draws here, we will win them anyways with our Ace high, or wont we? And I don't think that we can make him lay down anyways any TP type of hands here, unless we know him.

Best regards.