I like to shove it, shove it

• qnb07
      I've decided to make a blog so it can hopefully help me improve and keep track of how i'm doing.

bit of history on me. i'm 23 now, finishing uni in the UK.
      i've been playing poker online on and off for the last 5 years
      never taken online poker too seriously though, always depositing a bit, running it up into a decent bankroll
      and then tilting it away in a day or two. Done that too many times to remember really,
      so this time i'm going to use really nitty bankroll management and make sure i don't tilt again or at least too much :D

So I deposited sometime in december and played 3.30 90ko tourneys on ftp.
      I got some nice money there but have mainly been playing 2.15 super turbo sngs since then.

here are some graphs of my "progress"
      this is feb2011

i assume the red line is ev? how accurate is it for sngs/mtsngs.
      should i be worried that it's so low or is that ok. i remember reading somewhere that ev doesn't work quite right for sngs?

never used holdem manager before so not quite sure what else i can show.
      if anyone has any hints or can point me in the direction of some video or something
      that shows how i can analyze my play etc for SNGs would be good.
      my laptop isn't very good so i can't have hem running while i play.
      just afterwards to keep track of games etc.

i've obviously been running like a god on the 6$ although i only played like 2-3 sessions of them
      i won nearly same amount as in 1k games of 2$ which is kinda depressing or awesome depending how you look at it.
      the profit from 2.25 is from 1st in a 2$od tourney but it was non turbo and took me like 5 hours+ to win so never playing those again.
      the $10 and $20 was me tilting so hopefully i can cut that out this month, also need to stay away from $4 rush od tourneys since i suck at them.

Goals for march:
      -continue 16-tabling 2$ sturbos for now (no #s target but will try to play nearly every day)
      -take a shot at the 5$s when/if reach 150BIs for them
      -Made silver ironman last month and will try and do the same again,
      -got the free-roll for ironman coming up next week so hopefully i can cash in that and boost br a bit more.
      -I might also play a couple sessions of 6$ turbos since i had completely forgotten how well i had done at them until now.
      -weekly review of play, post some hands in eval. forum.
      -update blog once a week with graph etc. (maybe more often if i run godlike at$6 again :D )
  • 19 replies
    • qnb07
      well it´s been a week since my last post.
      didn´t get much volume done due to uni etc.
      got nice rakeback today (not quite sure why it was so much but i´m not complaining :D ) then lost it all running terribly all day...
      here´s the graph for today.

only played 4 days last week so volume isn´t great.
      also haven´t been running well/ playing great so will do some review this we

my 1st,2nd ratio was pretty bad this week
      1st 13.8
      2nd 23.2
      need to work on my hu. although it´s obviously really swingy at st

down ~30 BI this week so need to step up my game and also volume which shouldn´t be a problem this week.
    • qnb07
      switched back from 6max to 9max. the reason i made the switch to 6max in the first place was to get in more volume. BUT i never really played 6max sngs before then and they are quite different from normal 9max ones.
      i was just about breaking even over 1.4k games with rakeback which isn´t really good especially at this limit. it was also getting quite difficult to 16 table them since there´s a lot more action.
      so i´m back to 9max now and first day went all right. probably helped that i ran allright for once.

i´m not going to include red line anymore since i don´t think it´s very accurate.

had my second royal flush ever today too so that´s always nice. :D

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.15 Sit&Go (Sup Turbo) No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t20/t40 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1234269
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+2: t345 8.62 BBs
      MP1: t360 9 BBs
      MP2: t255 6.38 BBs
      CO: t240 6 BBs
      Hero (BTN): t250 6.25 BBs
      SB: t260 6.50 BBs
      BB: t345 8.62 BBs
      UTG: t360 9 BBs
      UTG+1: t285 7.12 BBs

Pre Flop: (t60) Hero is BTN with 9 :club: Q :spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to t250 all in, 1 fold, BB calls t210

Flop: (t520) T :spade: A :spade: K :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t520) J :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t520) J :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t520
      Hero shows 9 :club: Q :spade: (a Royal Flush)
      BB shows J :heart: Q :club: (a straight, Ace high)
      Hero wins t520

tried using the HEM HUD for the first time today and i have it set up quite nice. only problem now is i don´t have any hands on people since the switch to 9max so i´ll probably wait till i have a better sample, mainly on the regs, before i start actually using the HUD.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Anyway, i've decided to make a blog so it can hopefully help me improve and keep track of how i'm doing.

?( You begin your blog with anyway?

anyway.. that doesn't make sense.
    • qnb07
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Anyway, i've decided to make a blog so it can hopefully help me improve and keep track of how i'm doing.

?( You begin your blog with anyway?

anyway.. that doesn't make sense.
      it made sense when i first wrote it, but i´ve edited my OP twice since then so you´re right that it´s not correct anymore. will have to edit a 3rd time.
    • qnb07
      this week went ok.
      i again didn´t play every day so volume isn´t perfect. (left out 2 days)

seems like i´m treading water at the moment. winng some, then losing it again. was up to up to ~$800 not too long ago, now slowly crawling back there.
      the switch to 9max was definitely a good idea, since i´m playing a lot better now, so i´ll get there sooner or later.
      rakeback was relatively "low" this week so i guess next week will be higher again to make up for it. dunno how FT´s weeks run.

still get surprised/feel bad when i see cashier during session and i´m down like $70+ which is ~35 BI+. need to try and ignore that since it´s probably not good for my game.

next week i won´t be able to get in too much volume again, but hopefully i´ll at least have another +ive week.
      been working on my BB and SB game so that should help.
    • qnb07
      terrible day today. played loads and was down 30BIs at the end. just ridiculous bad beat after bad beat. couldn´t win any hand on the bubble. countless 70/30s lost just so bad. kinda wish i had stopped at ~200 games. :(

i added 1 $5sng in each set and didn´t really notice a difference. maybe play was a bit tighter but not by much. actually finished up on $5 ones slightly, so i´ll probably keep doing that from now on.

the big spike at the end is because i opened 2 $11 and 2 $6 turbo sngs (slightly tilted i guess)

one funny hand. i actually won this sng in the end to slightly reduce my losses.
      first hand in $11 one

Full Tilt Poker $11 + $1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1241028

SB: t1500 50 BBs
      BB: t1500 50 BBs
      UTG: t1500 50 BBs
      UTG+1: t1500 50 BBs
      UTG+2: t1500 50 BBs
      MP1: t1500 50 BBs
      MP2: t1500 50 BBs
      CO: t1500 50 BBs
      Hero (BTN): t1500 50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN with A :club: A :heart:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to t90, 3 folds, Hero raises to t270, SB calls t255, 2 folds

Flop: (t660) J :heart: 4 :club: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets t465, SB calls t465

Turn: (t1590) A :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets t765 all in, SB calls t765 all in

River: (t3120) J :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t3120
      SB shows 3 :club: 6 :club: (two pair, Jacks and Threes)
      Hero shows A :club: A :heart: (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
      Hero wins t3120

it was the weekend and i didn´t play much on saturday but ended up playing ~7 hours on sunday. probably should have stopped playing at some point. i took breaks etc. but i probably could have saved myself some money if i had just stopped instead of chasing losses. so i´ll limit myself to 2-3 sets of 30mins a day for next week or so. i have work to do for uni anyway so playing too much shouldn´t be possible anyway.
    • qnb07
      week went ok. managed to get in 670 games. was up quite a bit at one point but ended up b/e and just profiting from RB which isn´t optimal
      at around game 400 i started using hud and it´s been going a lot better since especially ev wise. however it also means i´m not playing as many tables and have only been getting around 50-70 ftp points a day which means i ended the month on iron man bronze only which sucks.

started playing 45,27 man sngs. only $1/$2 ones for the moment.
      will be playing them exclusively for the next week or so to see how it goes. going to stick to normal speed ones for now since they are more forgiving if you miss a spot to shove.

this is my graph of last 2 days playing 18/27/45/90 mans

for some reason $1 27mans have more rake than 45mans so i´m going to just stick to 45mans for now. probably also better training for when i start adding 90mans again. not sure how much volume i can get in with these but i´d like to be winning over a couple hundred tourneys before i move up a limit. even though i could probably already do so with my BR.
    • qnb07
      playing 45mans has been going well. still learning but already going in the right direction.
      this is my graph of 1.1 45mans last few days.(on FT)

playing them on full tilt kinda sucks though. they take forever to fill up. they are slow. only 16 tables..... so i deposited a bit on pokerstars and have been playing there today and will play the 45mans there solely for now.

mixing $0.55s and $1.1s at the moment and i´m up a bit. the next step up is $3.25s while on ft its $5 so i´ll be able to move up higher a lot faster here as well. can´t believe it took me so long to try out PS. the software seems better (no lags or hangups so far) and you can play more than 16 tables which is awesome for these games since it´s not too hard to multi table them.
      will post graph when i have some more games but i already managed to play 70 games today which would have taken me forever on ft.
    • mattisks
    • qnb07
      havent posted in ages.
      been playing $6 turbos on FT mainly. not getting in much volume. only the minimum to keep iron man really. not even sure why i´m doing it. just seems like i invested so much time to get it and now just want to keep it up for no real reason..
      anyway here´s my graph for march on FT so far. (played a bit on P*s too but not enough to post a graph, though im up a bit.)

not great volume. mostly only 10 games a day, with a few exceptions when i played more. yes i´m above ev but at least ev is positive too so not really bothered about it.

dont have much time to review my game, just marking hands now and once exams are over i´ll have to do a massive review session.
    • qnb07
      Since i have more time for poker again i´m going to at least try and keep up with this blog again.
      I have all my money stuck on FT so only have P*s to play on for now.
      had a bit of money left there and deposited a bit more to start playing again.
      Currently 6-8 tabling NL10 SH and it´s going ok so far.
      going to try and keep graphs to a minimum. once maye twice a month.

this is july so far.

sucks how far i was up at one point just to lose it all again. probably around half of it was bad play on my part though.
      today i ran KK into AA three times over 1k hands which sucks. still up for the day though somehow.
      quite happy about my red line although i´m not really sure how i´ve managed to keep it so high. guess i´m not folding enough hands postflop.

going to be using this br guide. hopefully i can be playing nl25 by the end of the month. i wont cash out at nl10 but probably will follow the cashout from nl25 upwards.

Goals for July.
      - 1k hands each day.
      - post at least 5 hands in hand eval forum each day and link in blog.
      - don´t tilt/spew off stacks on bluffs.
      - get BR to start taking shots at nl25
      - (find a new name for blog now that i dont play sng any more)
    • qnb07
      hands from today´s session.

im spewy..

2 AIs

monster draw

how NOT to play 66

ajo again
    • qnb07
      terrible sessions today. lost like 4 stacks within first half hour and never really recovered. just terrible play on my part on most of them.

going to post my worst hands so hopefully i will learn from my mistakes...

hand 1

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1372465

BB: $11.77
      UTG: $10.71
      Hero (CO): $14.46
      BTN: $18.80
      SB: $10.21

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 6 :spade: 6 :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.85) J :club: 9 :heart: A :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.10, BTN calls $3.10, BB folds

Turn: ($11.05) 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, BTN raises to $14.10 all in, Hero calls $1.76 all in

River: ($30.57) J :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

he turned up with QTo which tilted me even more..

...- View hand 1372501

CO: $9.50
      BTN: $10.87
      SB: $10.70
      Hero (BB): $10.15

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with A :spade: T :club:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 2 :heart: 8 :club: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

River: ($3.65) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

Final Pot: $7.65
      BTN shows J :heart: J :club: (a full house, Deuces full of Jacks)
      Hero shows A :spade: T :club: (three of a kind, Deuces)
      BTN wins $7.28
      (Rake: $0.37)

hands from eval forum
      keep doing your a game and you will be a nl600 reg or whatever you may want to be :) yeah dont tilt it all away.

good luck in the future.
    • giliNL
      I don't really understand that stairway to highstakes thing.

You move up to NL5 when you've got a $150 bankroll, but also cash out $125?

I understand the move up/move down part of it, but how does the cash-out factor into it?

• burak220
      I might follow this GL! :s_evil:
    • qnb07
      Originally posted by giliNL
      I don't really understand that stairway to highstakes thing.

You move up to NL5 when you've got a $150 bankroll, but also cash out $125?

I understand the move up/move down part of it, but how does the cash-out factor into it?

the cash-out guideline is on the left side.
      so according to that at NL2 you cash out $31 when you reach $110 then keep playing till you have $120 and cash out $31 again, etc. etc.

it ensures you actually beat the level before you move up. but for nl10 and below i dont think it´s that important to cash out since i just want to move up asap.
    • qnb07
      today was my worst day ever. played 4k hands and was down 15 stacks by the end. everything went wrong. according to HEM i´m $40 below EV on preflop allins. that still leavs 10 stacks of me just playing bad though.

going to go back to 4tabling now since i was just on auto-pilot for most of the day. kinda wish i was back on FTP now with the rakeback there to at least lower the pain but not much i can do there.

went over the session again and most of the hands i stacked off on weren´t that bad. ran pretty bad which then made me tilt off a couple more stacks. just a LOT of hands where i lost like 30-40bb which really adds up over 8 tables and 4k hands.

hands from eval forum:

nl10 sh aj .
      nl10 sh 79s
      nl10 sh
      nl10 sh j8s.
      nl10 sh ATs
      nl10 sh jj
      nl10 sh a8s.
    • qnb07
      tried 24 tabling today and it went ok. started off on NL2 but switched to NL5 after a while. i was winning at nl2 then lost it all back on nl5 but i dont think necessarily due to bad play. people just kept hitting trips and 2p when i was way ahead on the flop....

main reason for 24 tabling of course the P*s billion hand promotion. but also the fact i was losing so much at NL10.
      haven´t gotten one of the milestone hands yet but hopefully if i put in more hours i´ll hit one sooner or later. really could do with the BR boost right now. sucks when you see someone on your table get it while playing a different table. happened twice.

got in 7k hands today over 5 hours of play. at current pace i might even make Goldstar this month. not sure whether to get the $50 bonus or wait for $300.

will post some of my hands later. i keep spewing off with AK when i dont hit and still get it in on turn...