[NL2-NL10] KQo 4way limp

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Again I think this is reasonable play from the SB.Think I could have bet the river harder first time but mute point in the end.

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.10) T:spade: , 5:club: , 2:club: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.10) A:spade: (5 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU checks.

River: ($0.10) J:diamond: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, BB folds, MP3 raises to $0.14, CO raises to $0.32, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.20, MP3 calls $0.78 (All-In), CO raises to $1.76 (All-In), Hero calls $0.56.

Final Pot: $4.54

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Ad Js)
      CO shows a straight, ace high (Ks Qs)
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (Kh Qd)

CO wins with a straight, ace high (Ks Qs)
      Hero wins with a straight, ace high (Kh Qd)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello diversfx,

Preflop: I am more often inclined to raise it and not play in this multiway pot. KQo ain't the best hand and don't have that great flops to hit. :) And often times with TP we wont be ahead against that multiway pot.

As played
      Postflop: Bet pot on river and shove directly over their raises.

Best regards.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Didn't want to raise it pre OOP.The limpers just loved 3bets.But getting 8:1 is sometimes tempting. Just lucky they slow played right to the end.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by diversfx
      Didn't want to raise it pre OOP.The limpers just loved 3bets.But getting 8:1 is sometimes tempting. Just lucky they slow played right to the end.
      I just wouldn't really advice for you to do that. While I saw you going with just one pair pretty far, although it's doable if you keep in mind that you rarely will go to to showdown with just TP and even for full stacks.