Downswing or Poor play?

• fraserr1991
      im honestly just wondering what your thoughts are on this

do you feel this is down to downswing or that i was just on an upswing or do u reckon its just poor play by me.

i dont feel like ive been playing any different or tilting whilst this has been happening but id like to get ther peoples perspective on it. its only over 100 sng's which i know is not much to base a decision on.

but i was steadyily winning over a period of 35 odd sng's.
      (ROI 40%, ITM 40%)

but now im on a rapid losing ratio over the next 50 odd sng 's.
      (ROI an embarrasing -60%, ITM 17.5%)

just cant cash any longer.
      trying my best not to get frustrated and make bad decisions but its hard when im plumeting like that.

also have a graph to show u the spike, but cant seem to import it from elephant
  • 9 replies
    • Yoshimitsu77
      your sample size is just too small to make any judgement on your ability.

What limit are you playing?
    • TiciBoy
      [] sample size

I saw graphs from SNG players going on few hundred BI downswings and break even streches...So it could be just variance or your play is not good enough.
    • fraserr1991
      im playing the 5.50 tables on ft so bout a 4% bankroll
      moved down to 2.25 tables now trying to save my banroll

EDIT: and yeah i thought it might be i felt my game was good but really starting to doubt it
    • GambleFreak8
      Well, I think you are playing bad right now, not because you are a bad player, but because you know you are on a downstring and you are too afraid to lose even more.

So you are not playing your optimal game. What I would recommend you is to take a break for a couple of days, chill out a bit, then come back and play on the smallest stake possible until you regain your confidence.
    • Kodark
      I just went on a 20BI downswing. There was nothing i could do about it. People hitting flush vs my AA, getting 2 pair and finding my opponent on ace high straight.

Variance is a fickle beast.

But i think i found a cure for varience.

I decided not to continue playing my normal 4 table FR NL and go to rush poker tables, that way i can get more premium hands an hour and ride through the wave of variance

1 hour later and im 18BI up.

maybe try the same.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      but i was steadyily winning over a period of 35 odd sng's.
      (ROI 40%, ITM 40%)

[X] realistic longterm ROI
    • w34z3l
      But how much did you win??
    • NeilSimpson
      i started playing the 6.50 turbo sngs on ftp.....first week i was like 75 b.i's week 65 down with no sign of stopping.....its like the arse just fell out of it, constant sick beat after sick beat, constant loss of flips and 60/40's and loads of coolers. i ended up getting fed up and goin back to cash games.....found them to be too much of a room to out play any1 just all in donkfests!now back to nl25 cash games.....break even over my first week but trying to re adjust to cash games is traking a while....
    • Donmecon
      I have steadily won for 2 years but over the past 3 months I have been on a downswing. Luckily I have managed to lose very little but it is just one bad beat after another. My game I believe is getting better but to make money you need your fair share of luck. Sometimes you dont get that fair share and it is very frustrating but you have to keep going because a downswing cant last forever. Can it !