Staking community!

• arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      I've just recently got more involved in reading the threads and actually staking someone and I just have some thoughts on the staking forum that we have running here. I've noticed that there are a lot of people that seem to come from other communities without even a basic understanding of the english language, requesting stakes that could have been written better by google translator (which I think is horrible).

If someone posts on the english forum, especially threads of importance such as staking requests, where it is important that there is no misunderstanding between the two parts, I think they should at least know enough english to be able to read the staking rules, understand that they should create feedback threads, and be able to communicate in a good manner.

Is this being too conservative or is it totally fair? Maybe this is not a problem for anyone else, as I see it it's not the end of the world, but could get better.
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi arisko,

Appreciate your thoughts on this. As you know the staking area is a relatively new initiative on PokerStrategy and will no doubt be reviewed soon to see how its working and what areas if any could perhaps be improved.

To ensure that your feedback & thoughts and anyone else replying get included and not lost in the forum, I'll move your thread into the feedback section. I'll also flag it with the Head Admins responsible for the staking area for you ;)

Thanks again,

Bart
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      yes please review. definitely hope that ps.com can promote an environment that is more conducive for safe staking. example could be maybe include some prerequisites before one can ask for a stake, not some random bronze user.
    • poupou
      poupou
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      yes please review. definitely hope that ps.com can promote an environment that is more conducive for safe staking. example could be maybe include some prerequisites before one can ask for a stake, not some random bronze user.
      Just as a sidenote, I'm from Finnish community and we have these rules for staking requests:

- Player has to be at least gold level
      - Stakes can only be requested for tourneys, not for cash games
      - One can only sell up to 50% of a tournament
      - You have to tell your nickname for the poker site you're playing the tournament so participants can check your ROI and tournament history
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      The level shouldnt matter. I play on a site where I do not receive strategy points however I have over 11,000 in points from when I first signed up. There isnt even alot of activity in the staking thread anyways. I think its fine how it is.

The people throwing their money around around should fend for themselves and research.