[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AK oop again...

• Bliausmas
      Villain: 24/19/8.0 during 309 hands, call 3bet 67, fold to flop cbet 17, fold to turn cbet 0, bet vs missed cbet in position: flop 88, turn 100.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1215822
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $11.76
      UTG: $10.05
      MP: $16.47
      CO: $34.66
      BTN: $12.29
      Hero (SB): $15.29

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A:heart: K:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40) K:diamond: T:heart: J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.40) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero ???

One of the nastiest spots in a long time for me.

Preflop: I'd probably smooth call being IP against that aggro maniac, but now I guess I have to 3bet. I really really don't want to 3bet bigger here :)

Flop: Standard (?)

Turn: Yeah, perfect spot to be OOP against a maniac... I still don't have any idea what to do now.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Bliausmas,

It's very important to know how he usually does bet on turn, I mean often times if they are somewhat bluffing they usually do it like not near pot. But this time any Qx makes him a straight here and it's very likely that he even has the hand. For example if he had A or K I might even consider going broke but while we don't really have any further outs, I'd Check/Fold there while you chose this line. One option would be to 2nd barrel there and Bet/Fold it for free showdown, although if the guy is capable of bluffing on river as well then rather just Check/Fold.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      You mean reads on betsizing? If yes than I don't have such reads on any particular player..
      I'd probably fire a second barrel if the opponent would be more passive, but now I was pretty sure that if I bet - he shoves (or raises), and if I check - he bets. I was probably going to call a small bet if that would look like a weak bluff, and fold to bigger bet, what I did here.
      I meet some aggro players like these (just like in that hand with Q set if you remember), and it's very difficult to play against them. No matter what do you have, or what do you represent - they are gonna float if the board comes drawy, and represent the nuts on the turn (river). So if you have a really strong hand that may be beaten by some straight or flush - you have huge pressure everytime you face that type of situation. That's why now I see smooth calling with hands like AK preflop even being oop, as a better option against these players. While pot is relatively small it's easier to deal with them, and from now on I'm probably gonna choose a bit less EV but also much less risk against those aggro-eagles :)