This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AK oop again...

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 24/19/8.0 during 309 hands, call 3bet 67, fold to flop cbet 17, fold to turn cbet 0, bet vs missed cbet in position: flop 88, turn 100.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1215822
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $11.76
      UTG: $10.05
      MP: $16.47
      CO: $34.66
      BTN: $12.29
      Hero (SB): $15.29

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A:heart: K:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40) K:diamond: T:heart: J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.40) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero ???

One of the nastiest spots in a long time for me.

Preflop: I'd probably smooth call being IP against that aggro maniac, but now I guess I have to 3bet. I really really don't want to 3bet bigger here :)

Flop: Standard (?)

Turn: Yeah, perfect spot to be OOP against a maniac... I still don't have any idea what to do now.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

It's very important to know how he usually does bet on turn, I mean often times if they are somewhat bluffing they usually do it like not near pot. But this time any Qx makes him a straight here and it's very likely that he even has the hand. For example if he had A or K I might even consider going broke but while we don't really have any further outs, I'd Check/Fold there while you chose this line. One option would be to 2nd barrel there and Bet/Fold it for free showdown, although if the guy is capable of bluffing on river as well then rather just Check/Fold.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      You mean reads on betsizing? If yes than I don't have such reads on any particular player..
      I'd probably fire a second barrel if the opponent would be more passive, but now I was pretty sure that if I bet - he shoves (or raises), and if I check - he bets. I was probably going to call a small bet if that would look like a weak bluff, and fold to bigger bet, what I did here.
      I meet some aggro players like these (just like in that hand with Q set if you remember), and it's very difficult to play against them. No matter what do you have, or what do you represent - they are gonna float if the board comes drawy, and represent the nuts on the turn (river). So if you have a really strong hand that may be beaten by some straight or flush - you have huge pressure everytime you face that type of situation. That's why now I see smooth calling with hands like AK preflop even being oop, as a better option against these players. While pot is relatively small it's easier to deal with them, and from now on I'm probably gonna choose a bit less EV but also much less risk against those aggro-eagles :)