[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, ATs oop

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 31/29/inf during 44 hands, fold to cbet 0, WSD/W$SD 33/50, no other proper stats.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1215827
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $11.05
      MP: $4.10
      CO: $22.39
      BTN: $4.13
      SB: $11.99
      BB: $2.36

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with T:club: A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) J:club: A:heart: 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.75) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.75) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero ???

Was the opening with AT from early position good? I guess we have odds to call flop raise and turn bet? River bet looks pretty weak, but he could easily have a heart. Well, another wtf spot for me...
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

If you can't manage to fold at some spot I guess rather just Bet/Fold it right on flop than go further. And as played I guess I am just Check/Folding on river, don't expect him to bet that often there without having a stronger hand(like flush) unless he is somewhat aggressive opponent. Of course it could happen that he turned his hand into bluff but what are the hands what he could be raising on flop, what you beat? So therefore you likely just bluff-catching on river.

The problem with those players usually on river is that they even are capable of betting there very smallish with some weak flush like Q, J high even that way.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yes, I was nothing but bluff catching there as I see those over aggressive players bluffing in awkward spots like this more and more. And on the flop he might raise anything since he is that aggro - that may easily be AX and JX, and maybe some draws. And if I got it right - you prefer folding on the flop directly, rather than calling and seeing the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, I wouldn't say that I am like always folding it right on flop, I am usually as well Calling such min-raises and of course such min-bets on turn as well, although I guess I am making the crying fold on river when I face such a move unless I know the opponent better.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      OK, roger that. And just for resume - he had A4o here, with 4 being a :heart: . Pretty stupid play by him, but that just proves some people are capable overplay their top pairs with no kicker.