[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AJs vs very loose opponent

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain: 42/27/3.0 during 46 hands, 3bet 13.0, 3bet from SB 33, cbet flop 80, cbet turn 0, WSD/W$SD 27/0 (but very small sample).

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1215834
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $4.69
      UTG: $6.99
      MP: $5.00
      CO: $22.18
      Hero (BTN): $11.00
      SB: $16.83

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J:diamond: A:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 2:diamond: A:heart: 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.10) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.10) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $8.50 all in, SB calls $2.50

I guess we shouldn't fold AJs being IP against this type of opponent? I might be dominated especially when he cbets big when A hits the flop. But of course I didn't call his 3bet for folding a top pair on the flop. At least I'm gonna call and see what happens next. Turn is a sweet card :f_biggrin: I don't see too much danger here, so I check behind to induce a bluff from him on the river. And the river is pretty standard?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: As he has such stats that he usually gives it up on turn then we can easily float him postflop very profitable and yes, you can likely Call it here.
      Postflop: Do you expect that kind of guy to Check/Raise the river with worse hands there and as well with bluffs? Then totally fine to go broke, there aren't that many hands anyways what beat us, what he would have played that way. Might even have as well worse 2pairs.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well yes, this guy is pretty big maniac, I think we could expect anything from him, including c/r that makes no sense like this. The only hands that beats us here are 54 (but imho it's extremely unlikely with that line - cbet big with nuts on the flop and slow down when the board gets more drawy on the turn), and sets. And I believe we could include some strong (and ofc weak) Aces in his range, and some random 2pair that just hit on the river, as you said.
      Well anyways - he had K8o here :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The point is also that if he even had there a very strong hand, why is he Checking it on river? He saw us Checking behind on turn, which means like he missed some value, he usually would just bet himself the river with made hands and for value.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, definitely. Looks like a simple spazz in the wrong place and at the wrong time..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, definitely. Looks like a simple spazz in the wrong place and at the wrong time..
      Maybe too much of HU play. :D
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Or too little experience in common sense :D