music while playing..why?

• clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      I know that there are many players who play listen to music but i wanted to know how listening to music helps if it does.

Do players listen to music to avoid getting bored? or is there something more?( probably is)

So whether you do like music while playing or not, just wanted to understand why you like it(or not like it).

Thanks.
  • 14 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I only listen to it while playing FR since it's the most boring game in the world. Listening to music is distracting and I def make better decisions while not listening to it.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      I only listen to it while playing FR since it's the most boring game in the world. Listening to music is distracting and I def make better decisions while not listening to it.
      I play FR to listen to music.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clawindsouza
      I know that there are many players who play listen to music but i wanted to know how listening to music helps if it does.

Do players listen to music to avoid getting bored? or is there something more?( probably is)

So whether you do like music while playing or not, just wanted to understand why you like it(or not like it).

Thanks.
      I never listen to music while playing poker, or doing other kind of activity that requires "high brain usage". Imho music is only good when doing smth monotonic where not too much of mental activity is involved, like walking, driving, training for stamina (e.g. running), etc...
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I listen to music because i love music, and also cuz i have PC in living room and i dont want to listen to my family talking or to TV... But i listen to it even if im home alone. It's actually a kind of a background so i dont play in total silence.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Only time I listen to music playing poker is in live tournaments. Music allows you to turn off the chatbox if the players at the table are particularly boring. On the other hand I've been known to just sit in silence with earphones in for spells till I feel I have a read on the table, or when I see something strange and want a closer think about it without distraction.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      so from my understanding of whats been said till now, music is just so that you don get bored...

so besides that is there any good reason to listen to music and play?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      The only other positive I can think of that I've been using music for is for when about to tilt, listening to rly calm music (acoustic or chillout) can help to calm down.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      so from my understanding of whats been said till now, music is just so that you don get bored...

so besides that is there any good reason to listen to music and play?
      you can ignore everyone because of the music, it's quite nice
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      i tried playing with music yesterday and today..and i think its helping me concentrate and grind longer... :f_love:
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Yes.

imo playing with music helps you focus. In a thing like poker where you do repetitive moves it can get sleepy pretty fast. I put on trance/techno music usually with a good beat so I can have a better focus :) .

Music with lyrics can be distracting too much too.
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Yes.

imo playing with music helps you focus. In a thing like poker where you do repetitive moves it can get sleepy pretty fast. I put on trance/techno music usually with a good beat so I can have a better focus :) .

Yup i was listening to trance while playing...im loving it:)
    • smithyshark
      smithyshark
      Basic
      its just so relaxing over long periods of time it helps you to think clearly...
    • MrDeran9ed
      MrDeran9ed
      Bronze
      Since the first time i played poker, (Not that long ago, haha) I've always had music on. I feel like I concentrate alot better with music playing, too me nothing can beat accomplishing something, be it hitting the nuts, or finishing a piece of writing, with N.W.A or Biggie playing in the background.

Haha
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Yes.

Yup i was listening to trance while playing...im loving it:)
      You should check out http://www.di.fm very good website radio for trance :) / techno

Also I listen to eminem sometimes, pumps me up :D