[NL20-NL50] RUSH NL50 TP2k calling on low cards board

• cutegoldfish

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.25) 5, 2, 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.25) A (2 players)
      MP3 bets $9.25, Hero calls $9.25.

River: ($27.75) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $15.25, Hero calls $15.25.

Final Pot: $58.25.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello cutegoldfish,

Preflop: You may as well even 3bet against that kind of player and sometimes even take down right here the pot, although Calling should be doable as well.

As played
      Flop: Since he is capable of 2barreling even with air then I don't really like the Call here, I might even consider just folding on such a flop. And as well we will never know where we stand even if we hit our TP. One option would be to raise it here, although I don't really think that we have that much fold equity there either since a lot of draws could still Call us and a lot of overpairs are possible. That's I might even prefer folding.

As played if flop was Called
      Turn: As I mentioned that he is capable of bluff-betting here then as you Called flop and we somewhat hit our TP, you can likely peel it and reevaluate on river, although I'd take into account that his pot size bet is often times very strong here.
      River: And as his W$SD is pretty big and as well river AF is rather smaller than other streets. And often times he ain't gonna 3barrel with bluff here anyways, I guess I am going to fold it on river unless I have really good reason to think that he is capable of 3barrel-bluffing.

Best regards.