[NL2-NL10] 29/12 NL50SH coaching hands

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $87.88
      SB:
      $39.18
      MP3:
      $24.15
      CO:
      $75.12

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, SB raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $7.00, SB raises to $15.00, Hero raises to $55.01 (All-In), SB raises to $39.18 (All-In).

Flop: ($94.19) 4:spade: , T:heart: , 7:club:
      Turn: ($94.19) 4:heart:
      River: ($94.19) A:club:

Final Pot: $94.19

I have old stats from this guy where he was playing extremely tight with 1.1 PFR over 400 hands. However he seemed to have loosened up in this session and raise a bit more. His smallish 4bet looks alarming though and i guess i could have folded there , but he was also not full stacked. Any thoughts?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $60.94
      SB:
      $46.75
      BU:
      $110.43
      BB:
      $29.87

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BU calls $1.75, 2 folds.

Flop: ($4.25) T:heart: , Q:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, BU raises to $15.00, Hero calls $12.00.

Turn: ($34.25) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $35, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $69.25

Another weird opponent who sees many flops but almost never raises preflop. Board is rather dry and he raises big on flop and contibets big on turn as well. He has over 2 stacks and i cover him so i decide to fold there because i only have an overpair. I dont know what hand i could put him on with that play though. Why would he play a set that strong?
      Afterwards i thought he might play KK this way , overbetting because he is afraid of the ace dropping. But i guess still it is safer to fold there than play for 220BB.
  • 4 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I don't like hand 1 at all.
      Call the smallish 4-bet, bet the flop and fold to a push.
      Given his play, his range is at best [JJ+,AK] ... and then I'm being generous.
      A small 4-bet preflop is often a "please also call this one" bet ... pushing it seems ludacrous.

On hand 2, I'd probably play the same on the flop and make a 18 $ c-bet/fold on the turn.
      Check/fold after calling that overbet on the flop seems like giving money away ... it was very vèry likely he was gonna continue betting on the turn, so if you were to fold there, you might just as well fold the flop immediately.
    • kexix
      kexix
      Bronze

I don't like hand 1 at all.
      Call the smallish 4-bet, bet the flop and fold to a push.

playing oop:

this is horrible imo; so you call and the pot is ~30$ flop is 562r you donk 18-22$ and then fold to a push?

do you donk Axx? Kxx?

btw we're playing this hand ip
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Right ... forgot it was in position. Just a fold then.
      Was it bit too fast, sorry.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      1. I would call and shove on this board. The problem with your push is that this opponent never calls with a hand worse than yours.

2. My line would be to call the flop and bet/fold the turn.