when do pokerstrategy points update?

• 5 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hi hampstar,

Whilst generally the points are updated quickly (just a couple of days delay) most of the time, there are sometimes small delays, the most common reasons for these are as follows:

1. Some form of platform delay in sending the tracked player data (beyond PokerStrategy control);
      2. Newly signed up accounts sometimes take a few days to be totally tracked through;
      3. Around the start and end of calender months, sometimes a few days delay whilst PokerStrategy gather data, update points & calculate status upgrades etc.

These are normal, don't panic, you will not lose any points, they will all still be recorded and will be visable on your home page within a few days (maybe even just hours).

Regards,

Kyle
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I am actually looking for much the same information.
      I understand that we get 2 PS Strategy points for every $1 earned in rake (using full tilt poker as the example).

How can one tell when that level is reached?
      Again, using FT as the example, they give 10 Full Tilt points for every $ earned in rake.

So for a period of several days, I played on Full Tilt until I had accumulated 10 Full Tilt points (or more).

Sometimes I played in the late afternoon (17:00 - 18:00 Pacific Time) and sometimes in the evening (20:00 - 22:00 Pacific).

Interestingly, I got a wide variety of strategy points. On one day I got 4 -- the next day I got less than 1. In any case, the strategy points I earned did not really match the amount of playing I did.

I'm curious as to what times count toward a "day".
      Are they Full Tilt's standard -- ie Eastern Time, or are they PS's standard, which I understand is Central European time.

I asked PS Help about the period of time that covered rakeback. They replied that it is 00:00 Tuesday to 23:59:59 the following Monday.
      I had assumed that the same would apply to points.
      If that were the case, though, then all points earned after 15:00 PT would be on the same day.

Thanks,
      --Vorpal
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi VorpalF2F,

Full Tilt Points and rake are calculated differently.

In order to generate rake you will need to contribute to the pot.

Example:
      You are UTG and fold. Some other players generate a pot and the table rake is $3.

Now you haven't put any money into the pot and you generated $0 rake.
      However you will get points. 30 points divided by the amount of players who received cards.

So the amount of rake and StrategyPoints to Full Tilt points can vary a lot.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • hampstar
      hampstar
      Bronze
      My question was when do they update on my profile?

11.59 pm? which timezone?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi hampstar,

The points are usually updated on a daily basis, but there is no set time.

Occasionally a slight delay can occur in receiving the data, checking and uploading it, but such delays are small.

Have faith, the points will be updated shortly.

Best regards,

Bart