Poker @ ubuntu?

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Does anyone have any experience with running poker clients/HEM on ubuntu (does it run smooth, are there any issues with multitabling, etc.)? If so, how did you do it? Eith wine?
  • 3 replies
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Does anyone have any experience with running poker clients/HEM on ubuntu (does it run smooth, are there any issues with multitabling, etc.)? If so, how did you do it? Eith wine?
      Normal software like fulltilt runs fine via Wine but I never tryed HEM. I don't think it will work fine cause it is using a windows API to hook onto the poker softwares and the database used is postgreSQL and I had my problems with it.
      + flash sux on x64 ubuntu if you play on flash based softwares

I wouldn't recommend playing poker on ubuntu. I mean if you plan playing serious and don't want your session to end cause you get an error and all breaks together....

I use a virtualbox with a clean winXP, normal softwares run great and all but if you play on FLASH based softwares like ongame and open 10+ tables like i do with a HUD, it could get laggy as HELL....
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Thanks for the info :) . I play at Everest a little. I think I'm going to consider creating a dual boot with windows for the sake of poker if I decide to dive seriously into it again.
    • jalfa13
      jalfa13
      Bronze
      The FTP client does have a tendency to crash at inopportune moments in my experience. I'd also suggest dual boot, it's what I do anyway.