NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25)
      BB ($25.24)
      UTG ($27.64)
      UTG+1 ($13.82)
      CO ($14.43)
      BTN ($24.98)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, BB raises to $3.25, fold, Hero calls $2

FLOP ($6.75) 3:diamond: J:club: K:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks

TURN ($6.75) 3:diamond: J:club: K:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

RIVER ($13.75) 3:diamond: J:club: K:diamond: 8:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero checks, BB bets $7.75, Hero folds

BB wins $13.08

Villian over 4.6k hands:
      19/15/2.7/3Bet4
      CBF56/CBT52

Should I donk the flop? How to play this hand effectively.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Preflop: Fold it preflop against that kind of 3bet. We at the best get a coinflip and with just Calling we wont hit often enough to satisfy the Call. Unless you give your plan how you planning to win the hand vs him.

As played
      Postflop: If you didn't donk the flop then definitely do it on turn. I don't really understand what you trying to achieve there. And as played while you played that passively then give it up, while we could even be giving up the best hand there but have to blame your passiveness.

Best regards.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Hey ragney, where do you play at?

Preflop you are BvB, what were his stats on the BB? (fold to steal/call/3bet)

I don't like playing this hand oop, I would 4bet (to $8) and fold to a shove.

This is what I would do, I have to work on some preflop concepts though - I've heard from some experienced players that once you 4bet you have to call a push (because we get the odds): if you put villain on a QQ+ AK+ shoving range, calling should show a profit, but when it's clear that he does that with only KK+ imo there's no need to call.

As played, what's your plan for postflop? (You check the flop, what do you plan on doing if villain bets?)

On the Turn, I would donkbet really big to get value from one card flushdraws. If called, I would c/f the River, any weaker hand with showdown value I guess will take the showdown.