Getting the Pokertracker licences rake or points?

• flint87
      flint87
      Bronze
      I was just wondering because I have heard about both the licence being given after 500 dollars of rake or 2000 points. So which one is it and is it possible to get it after the rake?

The main reason why I am asking is that I currently play a lot of omaha hi/lo which is very rake heavy, but still only gives very little in terms of points on partypoker.

Also, if the licence can be gotten by rake. Then how can I check where I stand right now?
  • 10 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      2000 Pokerstrategy points. The 500$ rake is an old value.

But at Partypoker the points should overall be nearly the same at around 2 basic Partypoker points / 1 $ rake.
      If there so much differnce at Omaha?
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith

But at Partypoker the points should overall be nearly the same at around 2 basic Partypoker points / 1 $ rake.
      That's so not true.
      In terms of StrategyPoints, PartyPoker offers the best value for microlimit players by far.

I now have about 3200 lifetime pokerstrategy points, yet I only accumulated about 550 $ of rake. That's about 6 points per buck.

For the ultratight shortstackers, that ratio will be even better.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      A sidenote though ... Omahi Hi/Lo ?
      I presume it's PotLimit ? I don't think a bronze member has the bankroll necessary to play those games at the lowest limit (for Omaha8, you need 1250 $ or 50 buyins to deal with variance)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Originally posted by ciRith

That's so not true.
      In terms of StrategyPoints, PartyPoker offers the best value for microlimit players by far.

I now have about 3200 lifetime pokerstrategy points, yet I only accumulated about 550 $ of rake. That's about 6 points per buck.

For the ultratight shortstackers, that ratio will be even better.
      Right at the micros you get more points but my statement above should only show that it is not less. ;)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      For PLO it might be, with average pots of about 15 $ on 0.10/0.25 limits (60 BB)
      Rake is very big there, which makes me wonder why Party didn't add microlimit Omaha and Stud games to their arsenal, but ok ...
    • flint87
      flint87
      Bronze
      Thank you for your quick replies.

Yes, this month I am still at bronze level. Don't be hating, because I started to play again on partypoker a few days ago.

First of all, my BR is not according to good BR quidelines because I have withdrawn money that I have deposited in addition to the given bankroll.

I believe that hi/lo is great because both big and small cards help you. Also in omaha not many hands are more than 40/60 underdogs which means that you can easily exploit bad players that always limp in to the pot by making money when you hit the cards very well.

In terms of rake, this game is off the charts. In an hour of play you might be all-in for 25 bucks or more, many times. The pots at the craziest time can mean that the rake per big hand is almost a dollar per pop. However, I believe that my leverage over the other players is greater and atleast now I'm making nice profits.

It would be nice to know also if the pokertracker licence can be used with omaha hi/lo.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I don't think the license is valid. PokerTracker has a different program to track Omaha games (and a third for Study), but I don't think the license goes for all three programs.

And yes, Omaha can be very profitable ... most don't have a clue what's going on. However, it's swingy ... I wasn't "hating" the bronze player, I was only warning you that it requires 50 buyins for proper BRM :)
    • flint87
      flint87
      Bronze
      I would love to get some offical answers to my questions from pokerstrategy. Especially, if you are earning money from revenue it seems absurd that I would play omaha hi/lo.

Also I will be contacting partypoker to see if they can offer something, because I am not going to pay such high rakes to have such bad bonuses, when I could earn a nice amount of points on othersites, as well as get rake back.

Basically, at other sites you earn about 3x more points than in holdem and in partypoker you earn quite a lot less compared to holdem because less hands are played per hour.

Edit: I am playing Omaha Hi/lo now and it seems that the rake is about 10 cents per hand without any raises and in a big hand it can be over 2 dollars.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi flint87,

better contact our support and ask them for the pokerstracker licences. They may give you an offical answer.

It's a good idea to ask PP for a bonus. Maybe they even change the point structure in the future but I would consider to change the site if they don't react to your mails. itanpoker has nice Omaha tables maybe you can try them then. :)
    • flint87
      flint87
      Bronze
      The offical answer is no. I will tell you the response from partypoker once I get one. Looks like I'm not playing anything besides holdem on partypoker then. Maybe some limit omaha like .5/1 or something. Atleast on full tilt there are as many fish doing stupid thing in that game as in pot limit.