[NL2-NL10] Low flush + straight flush draw on flop NL2

• Hilto
      Hilto
      Bronze
      After a pretty bad downswing, luck seems to have returned to me. This is a hand I just had.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $3.83
      BU:
      $6.82
      BB:
      $0.72
      MP1:
      $5.64
      MP2:
      $1.38
      MP3:
      $1.28

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 6.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, BB calls $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) A, 9, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $0.64, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.24.

Turn: ($1.66) A (2 players)

River: ($1.66) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.66.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight flush, nine high(7 6).
      BB shows a full-house, aces full of fives(A 5).

Hero wins with a straight flush, nine high(7 6).

I was pretty sure I was ahead on the flop so the call should be OK there. the two remaining cards turned out pretty hard core. :rolleyes:
  • 2 replies
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      Hey,
      I think your pre-flop isolation raise is too thin. + the BB is short a bit. So i would just call it. Postflop looks decent. NH. No need to post results ;) . Downswings are rly sick things. I have been on one for a long time and it still continue. But just keep learning and u will crush nl2 in no time.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Hilto,

Preflop: Sure the isolate is totally fine although what kind of opponent is the BB? If he is rather fishy type then just Call and play in smaller pot and hope to hit.

As played
      Postflop: Nice catch, I am going broke. :)

After every upswing -> downswing, after every downswing -> upswing. :D And that will continue your whole poker career. Some take downswing as good time to learn and fix your leaks some just cry about them and claim that they can't play poker. There are so many various situations how people adjust to the downswing but the best to do with it is just to try take maximum of it and try to find your leaks and post hands and ask what you did wrong. Whining and complaining about the downswing wont stop you tilting, just makes the tilt grow and as well puts you into B-game or maybe even worse game where you will just lose money. With time you will manage to adjust to the downswing and even ignore it.

Best regards.