hova
      Bronze
      BTN: $73.95
      SB: $49.85
      Hero (BB): $50.00
      CO: $55.85

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q:club: 9:club:
      CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 5:club: 6:club: 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.85) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.85) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero folds

My reasoning for c/c the turn:
      - I assume he will call the flop with any 2 and call the turn with any draw and might fold all his "bluffcalls" like JTo, KT, A7.. He only has 2 overcard outs per card.
      - In this kind of spot my flop betting range will be: Any clubs, overcards, A hi, any draw. I often have to c/f the turn, and most of the time limpers will just bet the turn and I fold.
      - This means their turn bluffing range is way bigger than their calling range that I have beat, which means I get the same amount of money in but with a higher frequency.

On the river the only hands I beat are combinations of 97. His change in betsizing from 1/3 pot to pot leads me to believe I have an easy fold here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note:
      What If I elected to bet the turn 2$ and not give up intiative. His range on the river will consist of 6x,7x,8 of which most have me beat. Do you check/fold? Bet/fold will be quite expensive because I'd have to invest more than I've already put in the pot to get very very thin value.
  • 4 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      the Opponent limps in while he's in positon

I'd like to bet flop turn and river for value
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      On the river the only hands I beat are combinations of 97. His change in betsizing from 1/3 pot to pot leads me to believe I have an easy fold here.
      - we´ll you´re also loosing to 97
      If you think he is not bluffing that big on the river then c/c turn and c/f river is fine.
      I´d likely would bet turn out myself with likely the best hand 2$ and then also 1/2 pot on the river, since he can likely call me down with worse hands
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      I oversaw the higher 2pair ofc..

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      also 1/2 pot on the river, since he can likely call me down with worse hands
      What hands do you think of?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hova
      I oversaw the higher 2pair ofc..

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      also 1/2 pot on the river, since he can likely call me down with worse hands
      What hands do you think of?
      9x, like 9T, 9J and 6x hands and maybe also sometimes 7x hands, like A7
      Since he is poster he can have there anything and you never can be sure if he likes to fold pairs even on scary board