This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Freeroll flushdraw

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Should I have pushed on the flop. I am not sure if pot odds dictated that I should have.

UTG showed AA
      MP1 showed Ts7s

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 5 Q
      UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 5 folds, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: J 7 3 ($0.85, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.75, MP1 raises to $1.5, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 9 ($3.85, 2 players)
      UTG checks, MP1 checks.

River: A ($3.85, 2 players)
      UTG checks, MP1 checks.

Results:
      Final pot: $3.85
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You can't really call here
      You only get pot odds of 2:1 though, or 2.5:1 as it's almost certain UTG will call the minraise. You'd need to double the pot to get correct implied pot odds, which is unlikely on a J high flop. Any flush card and overcard often kills the action.

What I'd have done is bet out myself and hope not to get reraised strongly or check/reraise myself for fold equity.

However, I don't know if you're a shortstacker or not. If you are, you have to bet/push as a flush draw + overcard + backdoor double gutshot straight draw gives you 12.5 (9+3+0.5) outs against 2 opponents, which is good enough for SSS.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Thanks sonic

I was certain I wasn't getting the odds to call the flush but didn't think about back door draws or even the overcard. I am playing SSS.

Thanks for the input.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      The backdoor straight draw is just a niche, that half out won't make a difference here :D

The thing with flush draw is that you can almost only call if you get almost correct pot odds directly or deviating just a little bit OR you know your opponents and have a reasonable good idea they'll you off OR you know they're idiots and might give a free card after the turn or bet the same amount as on the flop.

Else, it's raise or fold.