Freeroll flushdraw

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Should I have pushed on the flop. I am not sure if pot odds dictated that I should have.

UTG showed AA
      MP1 showed Ts7s

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 5 Q
      UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 5 folds, 5 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: J 7 3 ($0.85, 3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.75, MP1 raises to $1.5, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 9 ($3.85, 2 players)
      UTG checks, MP1 checks.

River: A ($3.85, 2 players)
      UTG checks, MP1 checks.

Results:
      Final pot: $3.85
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You can't really call here
      You only get pot odds of 2:1 though, or 2.5:1 as it's almost certain UTG will call the minraise. You'd need to double the pot to get correct implied pot odds, which is unlikely on a J high flop. Any flush card and overcard often kills the action.

What I'd have done is bet out myself and hope not to get reraised strongly or check/reraise myself for fold equity.

However, I don't know if you're a shortstacker or not. If you are, you have to bet/push as a flush draw + overcard + backdoor double gutshot straight draw gives you 12.5 (9+3+0.5) outs against 2 opponents, which is good enough for SSS.
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Thanks sonic

I was certain I wasn't getting the odds to call the flush but didn't think about back door draws or even the overcard. I am playing SSS.

Thanks for the input.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      The backdoor straight draw is just a niche, that half out won't make a difference here :D

The thing with flush draw is that you can almost only call if you get almost correct pot odds directly or deviating just a little bit OR you know your opponents and have a reasonable good idea they'll you off OR you know they're idiots and might give a free card after the turn or bet the same amount as on the flop.

Else, it's raise or fold.