This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KQ. Single suited board again

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Single suited board again this time I have top pair. I decide to check the flop and bet the turn this time but I think I probably got them the wrong way around. I have the 2nd nut flush draw here so should be betting the flop and turn.

Anyway He calls and an overcard comes on the river. I check to keep bluffs in his range and he bets less than 1/2 pot. I'm slightly confused. Theres the chance he's flatted the turn with Adx. Due to his small bet I decide to call because he can easily have another missed diamond or Tx but I don't particularly like it.

Is this a spot where I could lead with some sort of blocking bet for showdown? I presume I'd be playing the river bet-fold then?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.42
      BU:
      $4.19

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , Q:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) Q:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.19) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU calls $0.14.

River: ($0.47) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $0.87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Kd Qc)
      BU shows (Kh Td)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Kd Qc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Against this station I am just betting the flop&turn and then reevaluate river, maybe Check/Call to induce him to bet with missed draws or something similar. As played seems to be fine for the given odds.

Best regards.