[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Worst Beat or can i avoid it?

• lioncomming
      lioncomming
      Bronze
      I was playing in NL2 and I was in a very deep stack till I got this beat.
      The villian is a very loose player who tends to call everyhand (he even calls the push with A7o) Am I making the right decision? Or I was such a fool not to fold on the river.
      I totally lost about $7 (which i earned so far in the day, and I stopped playing right away)
      I had a lot of bad beats (KK keep running into AA) yesterday, but today when i started to recover, this happens.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.14
      SB:
      $2.24
      BB:
      $7.20
      UTG2:
      $1.66
      MP1:
      $2.51
      MP2:
      $1.67
      MP3:
      $3.96
      CO (Hero):
      $8.94

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.32) A, A, K (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.23, SB calls $0.23, BB calls $0.23, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($1.01) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.72, SB calls $0.72, BB calls $0.72.

River: ($3.17) 3 (3 players)
      SB raises to $1.21, BB raises to $4.98, Hero calls $4.98.

Final Pot: $14.34.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(T A).
      BB shows a full-house, aces full of nines(9 A).
      SB shows two pairs, aces and kings(Q K).

BB wins with a full-house, aces full of nines(9 A).
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lioncomming,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the play, I guess while being so deep I might make the crying fold there when he shoves. He might easily have there even higher Aces and of course few combos which give him FH. If we had a 100BB stack then it would be much easier decision but while having to Call that much...

Best regards.
    • lioncomming
      lioncomming
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice.
      I'll hope i will get out of this situation in the feature.
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      Neither of you were ever getting away from that hand and its just as easy to put him on KK as it is an Ace, would have given him the full boat. But meh. You just are not really going to get away from that hand imo after such a great flop
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kodark
      Neither of you were ever getting away from that hand and its just as easy to put him on KK as it is an Ace, would have given him the full boat. But meh. You just are not really going to get away from that hand imo after such a great flop
      Depending on the read somebody has. Why would he push a weak Ace? Since the guy has so many BI-s in his stack that means he is not pushing any hand, he is pushing good hands to the showdown, I don't see any reason to bluff.
      Trips are just overrated, like when Patrik Antonious called with AT Phil Iveys full with J. Even the pros can't fold but since this is NL2 and most people don't bluff like the PRO's that could be a good fold.

Here the vid:

• sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by lioncomming
      $0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.14
      SB:
      $2.24
      BB:
      $7.20
      UTG2:
      $1.66
      MP1:
      $2.51
      MP2:
      $1.67
      MP3:
      $3.96
      CO (Hero):
      $8.94

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.32) A, A, K (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.23, SB calls $0.23, BB calls $0.23, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($1.01) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.72, SB calls $0.72, BB calls $0.72.

River: ($3.17) 3 (3 players)
      SB raises to $1.21, BB raises to $4.98, Hero calls $4.98.
      lioncomming,

This is not a bad beat. You cbet AT on AAK board and cannot expect {AK} very often but you've got two callers. Now, your hand is very rarely good. You're very often against {AJ, AQ}. Betting lower turn could make sense to make them both call with Kx, which is not often the case.

When villain goes allin on the turn it is an instant fold. You don't beat anything there and he's not bluffing. Still, the only hands he can possibly have is slowplayed {AK/KK} or A9. Still, this is not a bluff and it's a fold.

BTW, opening wider range with reverse implied odds vs limpcallers (ie. with strong range, the deceptive ones) may also be tricky. Beware. Still, it's good to open ATs from CO.

Cheers,
      Michal