Full Tilt X Pokerstars Regular FR STT

• nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      So i was wondering these days, and decided to pull a thread out of it to try finding out from more experienced Pokerstars players, and even more studied on ICM players about this.

How does variance and gameplay changes on these both poker rooms, as the structure is slightly different i believe that somehow Pokerstars could be a little more easier to think as you're either pretty early all the time, or push-or-fold at the end? I really have no idea as i didn't play that much on PS, and when i did, i wasn't thinking like that.

Structure differs of 6 minute blinds on FT, and 10 minute blinds on PS. But the blind change is way different, and also PS has antes. As FT bb goes after 60 minutes of play in a blind structure of (t30/t40/t50/t60/t80/t100/t120/t160/t200/t300) and on PS we get a (t20/t30/t50/t100/t150/t200)

I'm pretty decent on regulars on Full Tilt tbh, with a solid ROI on low stakes ($5+$0.50 & $10+$1), but now thinking to invest in my career, what are pros and cons on both sites? Any idea guys? How strategy must be adapted?
  • 7 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      definitely pros and cons to both sites.

pros can really take advantage of stars antes because a lot of fish dont know how to adjust to antes correctly (even some regs cant).

rewards programs are different obviously, but with the new addition of FT black card the effective RB from FT is starting to get closer to super-nova (still slightly lower).

i play on FT, but i definitely like stars software better. Id say overall they are pretty even you just need to make a personal choice (or play both)
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      @lessthanthreee always great getting a reply from someone as known as you in these forums.

Well, surely i am more used to Full Tilt rathar than PokerStars, as i still don't play effectively enough volume to either reach Supernova or the Black Card, i'm going to make a few shots on PokerStars to see how things go there.

I think the fact that on Full Tilt i get RB still is a bigger advantage so far, but i have no idea how long would be more valuable in terms of RB X Bonuses to play on Stars.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      i definitely think the immediate benefits of 27% RB @ FT is going to be a pretty big factor for micro-low stakes grinders
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      yea that's pretty huge.. rakeback on stars is pretty terrible if you're not supernova.
    • intothejungle
      intothejungle
      Bronze
      Stars' rewards program is nice, but immediate rakeback from FTP is better for lowerstake players I think. But there's also the players skills. I play on stars and there's so many regs, actually all games seem reginfested, even NL25 and stuff. I played a couple sng's on FTP seems like there's regs, but again that'just from a few sngs. Can a FTP player share some info? Many regs there? Stars I have 2-4 almost always
    • MojaDunja
      MojaDunja
      Bronze
      I play on FT STT 6$+0.50 turbos, and i have to say, that i see regulars on my tables. I make notes of multitablers and then i wait, till they are not connected. I prefer 2-3 regs on my tables, what is more then 2-3 regs -> i even dont connect to tournament. I rather wait and then connect. But have to say, that on low limits, you can still found a lot of fish. I have my own strategy, that i immideatly when open my tables, i scout on every player, how many tables he play (it takes me 30 sec. to each table.right click on the player --> FIND PLAYER). And if play 1 or 2 tables, immideatly get marked with FISH tag --> through the game, i see his play. Try this guys, to me, it helps a lot.

gl
    • Navrark
      Navrark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by intothejungle
      Stars' rewards program is nice, but immediate rakeback from FTP is better for lowerstake players I think. But there's also the players skills. I play on stars and there's so many regs, actually all games seem reginfested, even NL25 and stuff. I played a couple sng's on FTP seems like there's regs, but again that'just from a few sngs. Can a FTP player share some info? Many regs there? Stars I have 2-4 almost always
      The amount of Regs is terrible. 2-4 for sure, maybe more. I'm not sure that they are all great players though, but they multitable 4+ games when I look them up.

I was really getting frustrated for a time because I would only join empty games: "0 of 9" in order to avoid Regs, but the Regs would join my games anyway. There were times I was ready to slap someone silly because of this! Table Selection is probably the second most common bit of information given to Poker players on the web - behind Bankroll Management - but none of the Regs care to use it. So you get a few fish and a lot of Regs in every game. So now I just join the next available game otherwise I wait too long and have just as many Regs anyway.